Intercooler Spray (halo Rings)

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
I know that people use nitrous and CO2 for these kits. I was thinking about maybe getting one of these systems but instead of spraying Nitrous or CO2 could nitrogen or argon be used as i have an endless supply of them.

Any ideas?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Be a bit worried about nitrogen in there as it may damage plastic parts etc (mind you not that much more than the others)

Dont you need special licenses for nitrogen tho? Health and Safety and all that bull

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
RobDon said:
A nitrous bottle only weighs around 5kgs, it won't slow you down, heard it all now - lol! :doh:

Rob as you have one of these you must have looked at a few different manufactures? Other then the Nitrous Express kit is there anyone else who makes a similar kit?

RobDon said:
A nitrous bottle only weighs around 5kgs, it won't slow you down, heard it all now - lol! :doh:

well actually it will, F=MA, so increase M and A goes down!

Now i agree with nitrous, that the extra 50bhp will more than offset the extra weight (and i'd like to bet it's more like 10kg by the time it's all fitted!) but we are talking about intercooler cooling spray here, and thats not worth anything like 50bhp!

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
max_torque said:
well actually it will, F=MA, so increase M and A goes down!

Now i agree with nitrous, that the extra 50bhp will more than offset the extra weight (and i'd like to bet it's more like 10kg by the time it's all fitted!) but we are talking about intercooler cooling spray here, and thats not worth anything like 50bhp!

:lol: so putting on the big front mount is going to weigh me down even further. :D

Ibiza sport man

Dec 13, 2003
Kettering
Visit site
cuprabaz said:
Does anyone know if the nitrogen or argon will give a similar result as nitrous and CO2?

Nitrogen or argon won't do anything for you. They are in gaseous form in the cylinder whereas N2O and CO2 are in liquid form. When you release N2O and CO2 from a cylinder they boil off into a vapour and extract heat from their surroundings, the temperature drops rapidly (as low as - 80 C).

Releasing a non condensable high pressure gas from a cylinder will produce cooling but about 1/100th of the effectiveness of releasing a liquid that can boil off.

Bernard

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
like custard??
as i said in a previous post you can mix stuff with your washer water that will both wash your windows and cool your ic.