1.2 TSI ITECH 2014 - What to mod?

Jun 7, 2023
Hey,

So I recently purchased my first vehicle which is a SEAT Ibiza 1.2 TSI ITECH 2014 - and I am wondering what I could mod on to car to make it look and sound better.

Any opinions (feel free to also drop links for shops/items)?

car.jpg

Jun 1, 2023
Debadging the word ibiza on the back and lowering makes a huge difference
e820daf5a51fc41cddf299aebf97ff3a.jpg

Then a cold air induction kit is always a good step and makes the turbo sounds louder. Can never go wrong with a Sunstrip either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
I’ve got a set of coilovers I’ve just removed as had a set of gaz golds made so the others are now on a shelf. Probably overkill for what you need though tbh. Also got some s3 brake calipers to help it stop if you ever make it go any quicker

Jun 1, 2023
I’ve got a set of coilovers I’ve just removed as had a set of gaz golds made so the others are now on a shelf. Probably overkill for what you need though tbh. Also got some s3 brake calipers to help it stop if you ever make it go any quicker

How much u wanting for the coilovers?

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Pass. Remind me Monday & I will double check they are still spot on. Cost £680 around 3 years ago & 5000 miles ago so should be fine but would rather check first. I had a garage take them off for me as mega busy & I’ve not opened the box up since to be totally honest

Jun 1, 2023
Pass. Remind me Monday & I will double check they are still spot on. Cost £680 around 3 years ago & 5000 miles ago so should be fine but would rather check first. I had a garage take them off for me as mega busy & I’ve not opened the box up since to be totally honest

Ok let me know

Jun 7, 2023
Debadging the word ibiza on the back and lowering makes a huge difference
e820daf5a51fc41cddf299aebf97ff3a.jpg

Then a cold air induction kit is always a good step and makes the turbo sounds louder. Can never go wrong with a Sunstrip either.

I have been looking at induction kits, but there dont seem to be full kits for the ITECH - may have to custom build it unless you know of any places.

Unsure about lowering, FR has the body kit which suites it being lowered (deeper front&rear design) but ITECH is stock body. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
It’s all personal taste. Your car so do what you think look best. Anything’s possible if you’re not shy & want to have a go. I had an exige rear diffuser here from an old car which mates took the pi55 out of me for attempting to fit but after only a couple hours work, looks mega & transforms the car. Plenty of bolt on accessories or parts from breakers of higher models but anything’s possible with a bit of patience

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Sorry not forgotten, just in middle of a van wrap so can’t get any dust or contaminants into the air. Should be done by end of the week so will sort then

Jun 1, 2023
It’s all personal taste. Your car so do what you think look best. Anything’s possible if you’re not shy & want to have a go. I had an exige rear diffuser here from an old car which mates took the pi55 out of me for attempting to fit but after only a couple hours work, looks mega & transforms the car. Plenty of bolt on accessories or parts from breakers of higher models but anything’s possible with a bit of patience

Have you got and pictures ?

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
I will upload some on Monday as the Seat as at my other unit & i'm not one for taking pictures. I go on holiday & its not til i get back & people ask to see some that I realise i've not taken any lol (hence why my profile picture is of one of my jeeps as have very few pics of my cars) :banghead:

Reactions: EN54TED

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Pics of some ideas of how to modify lol

Can't take pics of suspension until tomorrow i'm afraid as still working on stuff that can't get contaminated with dust or dirt in the atmosphere but should be able to tomorrow. Hopefully digging the car out for some pictures will be sufficient for now

Going back to the original topic though, if you do carry out any modifications, make sure you declare everything. Insurance will scrutinise any car thats been obviously messed with & won't pay out & even worse, if you invalidate your insurance, they you could end up in court. I declare literally everything & always have done & most of the time, you would be amazed at how little difference it makes (especially if on a restricted mileage policy). Everything on mine had made about £80 difference

Last edited:

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Jun 7, 2023
Pics of some ideas of how to modify lol

Can't take pics of suspension until tomorrow i'm afraid as still working on stuff that can't get contaminated with dust or dirt in the atmosphere but should be able to tomorrow. Hopefully digging the car out for some pictures will be sufficient for now

Going back to the original topic though, if you do carry out any modifications, make sure you declare everything. Insurance will scrutinise any car thats been obviously messed with & won't pay out & even worse, if you invalidate your insurance, they you could end up in court. I declare literally everything & always have done & most of the time, you would be amazed at how little difference it makes (especially if on a restricted mileage policy). Everything on mine had made about £80 difference

Yeah, 100% will declare any modifications. I know Insurance companies like to worm out of whatever they can, so it's best to stick to the book when doing this stuff. Nice to hear yours is only £80 difference though.

Definitely first time modding for me, so I'll have to bite the bullet and get some stuff done. I feel because of the ITECH model being very standard, along with the car itself being a 1.2 that I don't/can't go crazy. I will be sure to do something though, just to bring the car to life a little and not look like a stock Sunday-drive car.

Your car is looking beaut btw!

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Cheers. Apologies for the delay responding but I suffered coolant leak & overheat on last track day then the jeep I was using to tow with split a hose & dumped all its oil everywhere so had a bit of a nightmare. Seat has just been parked up since but hoping to get over to that unit this week for photos of bits & to get to the bottom of the problem. I have bought a spare engine just in case its terminal lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members