1.4 TSI (125) - remap or tuning box ?

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
Guys
I know it's a long drawn out topic but i'm looking for a quick response as i have the funds available -

what is best , both are coming in at roughly the same price £350 ?
For a box - racechip orTDI tuning ?? Celtic tuning are closest for a remap (Glasgow)

I am not a speed freak as i'm nearly hitting the big 50 but have always had cars between 140 - 180 bhp and i've become accustomed to that power,.. my new car is the xcellence with full leather etc .... like my comforts now :)

Regards LB

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have the same engine in the FR Technology. I'm going for the DTUK Tuning Box as it seems it gives a much better result (125PS > 160PS & 200NM > 260NM) for the money. Also there is a garage near me (Newcastle upon Tyne) so if there is any issues I know I can just pop in.

Reactions: loyalbear1872

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
Cheers Dave I'll check DTUK, let me know how you get on, looking to do mine soon,...... I just traded in my 2014 FR 1.4 ACT 150 , fab engine so looking to get roughly same performance from the 125. :)

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Cheers Dave I'll check DTUK, let me know how you get on, looking to do mine soon,...... I just traded in my 2014 FR 1.4 ACT 150 , fab engine so looking to get roughly same performance from the 125. :)

f63da462b2eab6c82d5a83769140207d.jpg

Well it’s roughly the lowest figure map as generic places will add similar boosts looking at revos figures.
Revo and apr can do a bit more based on if you use vpower and then they will put it on performance settings or maybe one in between if they have a setting for it.

Out of curiosity why downgrade. I have the 140 tsi (it really does 150 on a dyno) however based on my remap experience I’m upgrading to a cupra likely or some other 2.0 variant and then when warranty is finished after a year for a used car. I’ll remap that aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
Thanks Sisqo, i'm hoping someone with tech experience can give me a unbiased view on which is best -remap or tuning box, i'm not looking for drag racing qualities just a slight hike in performance that wont strain the engine etc.

I saw this 125 in xcellence form with winter pack full leather etc in Silver and thought it looked lovely , 5 door and well under 17K with 1800 on the clock... that's the reason i took it....... was really looking for a 5 door with the 150 ACT but couldn't find one in Scotland

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks Sisqo, i'm hoping someone with tech experience can give me a unbiased view on which is best -remap or tuning box, i'm not looking for drag racing qualities just a slight hike in performance that wont strain the engine etc.

I saw this 125 in xcellence form with winter pack full leather etc in Silver and thought it looked lovely , 5 door and well under 17K with 1800 on the clock... that's the reason i took it....... was really looking for a 5 door with the 150 ACT but couldn't find one in Scotland

Sounds like a nice car. The xcellence was a model I looked at but I liked the overall look of the fr model more. And a 5 door version guy too.

As for the choice between the two. It seems like the remap is safer than the race chip. Something to do with it not tricking the ecu.
Can’t remember exact details. But I had to look it up before deciding ecu remap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARavey

Jul 20, 2018
Glasgow
Guys
I know it's a long drawn out topic but i'm looking for a quick response as i have the funds available -

what is best , both are coming in at roughly the same price £350 ?
For a box - racechip orTDI tuning ?? Celtic tuning are closest for a remap (Glasgow)

I am not a speed freak as i'm nearly hitting the big 50 but have always had cars between 140 - 180 bhp and i've become accustomed to that power,.. my new car is the xcellence with full leather etc .... like my comforts now :)

Regards LB
Hi LB, Any updates on this?

I have the same engine in my FR, looking for a remap. Curious to see what you've done to it.