1.8t - n75

virek

Hi Guys,

Please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong section ;)

I have a 2000 Audi A3 1.8t... I recently did software (FRC) on the car. It also has a forge DV, decat & flatbed k&n filter. At the moment the car is losing a lot of power after 5000rpm. It is almost as if the boost drops from 0.9 to 0.3 or so. What could be causing this?

Boost leak?
Maybe the standard turbo inlet pipe is closing with the higher boost?
The N75 valve?

Before I did the software the car did have a slight surge at around 2500-3500rpm but it never lost boost..

Not picking up any errors on VAG.

Please help... just as the car starts to pull hard it dies :cry:

Thanks
Virek

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Mine does the same, pulls from 2.5k up till 5k then dies from 5k till 5.5k and then kicks in for a small bit then dies off again.

Just thought it was my poor little k03 giving all its got lol

Cupra Ken

more boost = more rattles
Sep 7, 2008
st ives, cambs
i have just had the same problem with my cupra turned out to be the fuel pipe crushing after being mended with the wrong kind of hose, have you tried unplugging your maf, that might stop it from holding back high in the rev range, boost related more than likely could be your n75. mine used to fluctuate just under 1.5 bar sometimes spike that high sometimes not, replaced my n75 last week now if i load it up it will spike just over 1.5 bar then tail off to hold just under a bar. see if you can borrow an n 75 off a mate and check your logs on vag com.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members