2 Weeks in with new FR TDI CR

Del195

Hi All

I have just taken delivery of my brand new Leon FR TDI CR 170, in Furia Grey with the 18" Ibera wheels. So far after just 700 miles all is well. Even if the weather has been totally rubbish since I picked it up so havn't had a chance to really drive it properly yet.

Very impressed with the car apart from one aspect and that is the totally rubbish and ineffective horn.

I had cause to make another road user aware of my presence and my displeasure at his lack of ability but I don't think he even heard the horn.

If anybody has the same issue or can recommend a replacement of mod I would be very appreciative.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
My prefacelift FR has twin horns and they are quite loud, maybe you have ice/snow in one of them or maybe the facelift cars only have one?

Here is a replacement that is very very loud, I had one of these before and they are good. It's like 2 horns in one body with a start capasitor too. clicky

Del195

Thanks for that. I think it is def that the facelift only has one. I used to run a Toledo V5 and that had a great horn. I will go back to the dealer and see if they can change it for a pre facelift one or one from a Toledo. I guess it is VAG trying to save money.

Kev Hall2

Oct 7, 2009
Bristol
Can you please post some pictures once you have 15 posts. I nearly purchased a Cupra in Furia Grey but decided against it as I was not brave enough to buy one from the small paint sample the dealers have.

Ta, Kev.

Del195

Will do. The small pic under my name is the car.

The colour looks really good in the flesh and came out better that i was expecting. It really suits having the silver wing mirrors and silver alloys. Stands out from the normal silver crowd but not as much as the orange.

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Excellent choice of motor... all being well (as i am yet to hear from the dealers) mine should be arriving with them on the 11th... give them a week to sort it and fingers crossed it will be with me around the 18th.

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
What takes the dealers so long to sort it?

My car (pre fl) arrived at the dealers and i could collect it the next day?

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
What takes the dealers so long to sort it?

My car (pre fl) arrived at the dealers and i could collect it the next day?

Just what i was expecting to be honest from previous new car sales.

If the car arrives with them on the 11th and they get it to me before the end of that week then i'll be a happy man indeed !

The current car isnt going till the 14th though so i wont be able to take the new one before that (lease companies!)

Interested to know how you get on with this FR CR, its what I am looking to replace our Cupra with:)

Hopefully this poor weather will be shifting soon so i'll be able to give you a good write up.

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
Congrats on the car!
I originally ordered my fr cr in the Furia grey but chickened out in the end and went with speed blue, would love to see some photo's of it when your able, I love mine and im sure you will as well, although I have yet to try out the horn :)

Del195

Do try out the horn and let me know if you think it is a useless as I do.

N D Fox Hope yours comes quicker than mine. Think it was about 16 weeks in total when they said it would be 8-12. They did turn it round within 3 days when it did arrive and that was with a private plate to sort out.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members