2015 Seat Cupra 280

Mar 24, 2024
Hello, Everyone need some advise, I’m looking at an upgrade to a 65 plate seat Cupra 280 tourer with 122k on clock full service history 1 owner just wondering is it a good move or a stay clear ?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Depends on what’s been done in the services, DSG, Haldex, water pump etc. if it’s been looked after well, and it’s a good price then go for it.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Mine has full service history too, but depends what’s been done. Mine has a stamp from Seat at the right time/mileage, but the bare minimum was done. You get me? So DSG, and Haldex was never done when I bought it a couple of years ago at 80k miles. And the chain was missing a tooth or 2 too, so needed replacing, but I think they’re said to last 100k miles.

thespicemustflow

Feb 24, 2024
Seen it online, you can take the top covers off and visually inspect and measure the space between the cam sprocket to determine wear.
I mean it's an oil-sealed timing case, this makes it sound like its a two second job to check. Really, you should be using VCDS/obdeleven to properly check timing.

Regardless, I wouldn't be buying a VW petrol engine without proof it had been replaced/knowing I'll need to do it.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
I mean it's an oil-sealed timing case, this makes it sound like its a two second job to check. Really, you should be using VCDS/obdeleven to properly check timing.

Regardless, I wouldn't be buying a VW petrol engine without proof it had been replaced/knowing I'll need to do it.
Have you inspected a timing chain?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.