2019 Cupra 290 missing SD card

Oct 17, 2020
Hi all,

I bought a 2019 Cupra 290 earlier this year and the guy mentioned that the SD card was taken out of the car.

Due to this the car has no in-built navigation (I don't really care about this since I always use Android Auto) but there's also no DAB radio functionality. Where you can navigate to the 'Band' selection on the radio menu, that entire corner button is blanked out, so only FM/AM radio is available.

Does anyone know if the DAB band is related to the SD card software, or of any other reason why this may be missing?

Thanks in advance.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi all,

I bought a 2019 Cupra 290 earlier this year and the guy mentioned that the SD card was taken out of the car.

Due to this the car has no in-built navigation (I don't really care about this since I always use Android Auto) but there's also no DAB radio functionality. Where you can navigate to the 'Band' selection on the radio menu, that entire corner button is blanked out, so only FM/AM radio is available.

Does anyone know if the DAB band is related to the SD card software, or of any other reason why this may be missing?

Thanks in advance.
To answer the question simply No ! but check out the DAB amplifier at the rear of car (not sure its exact location) but the DAB antenna is in the back screen and they put a Amp somewhere close to where the connection goes into the tailgate

Reactions: Mr Pig
Oct 17, 2020
To answer the question simply No ! but check out the DAB amplifier at the rear of car (not sure its exact location) but the DAB antenna is in the back screen and they put a Amp somewhere close to where the connection goes into the tailgate
Hi RADIOTWO, funnily enough I saw about that on another post after posting this thread and just went and checked it, couldn't see any issues on the surface but the module definitely seems to be there so DAB should be available.

Do you think an issue with this module would cause the 'Band' menu to not show up entirely? As mentioned in my OP where that menu is is entirely blanked out so it's making me think it's something software related.

If you want me to provide an image, please let me know.

Many thanks.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi RADIOTWO, funnily enough I saw about that on another post after posting this thread and just went and checked it, couldn't see any issues on the surface but the module definitely seems to be there so DAB should be available.

Do you think an issue with this module would cause the 'Band' menu to not show up entirely? As mentioned in my OP where that menu is is entirely blanked out so it's making me think it's something software related.

If you want me to provide an image, please let me know.

Many thanks.
Hi again
I would not have thought having a problem with the module (amplifier) as you put it would cause a band menu being lost, I cannot remember how it looked on mine but thought it did show DAB is some form, not that it is your problem but if a bus or lorry came up close behind the dab would go off.

Have you taken it to the dealers and asked them ? but as I said earlier having the card missing will have no effect as its just maps !

Oct 17, 2020
Hi again
I would not have thought having a problem with the module (amplifier) as you put it would cause a band menu being lost, I cannot remember how it looked on mine but thought it did show DAB is some form, not that it is your problem but if a bus or lorry came up close behind the dab would go off.

Have you taken it to the dealers and asked them ? but as I said earlier having the card missing will have no effect as its just maps !
Yeah this is my thoughts, I can't imagine any hardware issues would cause the menu to fail to show entirely, just that the DAB itself would not work.

Thanks for confirming, I've wondered for a while if the SD card would have an effect, so good to know it's not that and I won't bother trying it.

Not taken to a dealer, may try it if I find no other options.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Yeah this is my thoughts, I can't imagine any hardware issues would cause the menu to fail to show entirely, just that the DAB itself would not work.

Thanks for confirming, I've wondered for a while if the SD card would have an effect, so good to know it's not that and I won't bother trying it.

Not taken to a dealer, may try it if I find no other options.
Have you tried doing a reset on the radio system ? if not press the on/off button and hold it for about 10 (ish) seconds and wait till it reboots !

Cannot harm

Oct 17, 2020
Have you tried doing a reset on the radio system ? if not press the on/off button and hold it for about 10 (ish) seconds and wait till it reboots !

Cannot harm
Yeah I suppose doing a factory reset wouldn't hurt it's not like it would take long to set everything back up. I believe I tried the long press but willing to give it another go, thanks for the suggestions (y)

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
Just for confirmation - I took out my SD card on my 2018 300.

I still have full DAB functions.

On a side note - I have just fitted the following card in to my car - no coding needed - works perfectly.

Oct 17, 2020
Just for confirmation - I took out my SD card on my 2018 300.

I still have full DAB functions.

On a side note - I have just fitted the following card in to my car - no coding needed - works perfectly.
Thanks for confirming that you've been through that scenario, and thanks again for sharing that SD card, even though I don't use the built in navigation I may get it just in case the need comes around and use your link as a reliable reference (y).

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Thanks for confirming that you've been through that scenario, and thanks again for sharing that SD card, even though I don't use the built in navigation I may get it just in case the need comes around.
They're not cheap. It's a considered purchase.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members