radio dead!

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Drove my 2019 Cupra 290 this morning & listened to radio but when I next entered the car the radio signal has gone! This is for all bands & stations. CD played fine.
Any ideas?
Ill run Vagcom later unless Im just missing something silly?

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Thanks but bizarrely, next time I went to the car, all was working!
I ran a scan but no faults at all! 🤷

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Not happened before. Should I expect this after any short drive?
Doesn't sound right 🤔

Tell

Staff member
That's just a software bug you had. The program misbehaves and wanders into memory it shouldn't then upsets the behaviour. I've had the screen transpose by 1/2" that was after importing user POIs. Another one rebooting caused by the embedded graphics on a music file being bigger than 512×512.

>99% of the time mib2 units are fine but the odd bug has a consequence which a reboot will sort out just like a home computer, sat box or media player etc. The long press on the on/off switch till you see the splash screen fixes it or wait 20 minutes with the car locked. The fix we tell people to do.

Nb. The graphics issue I had to use a program to delete the offending large ones from the music file. There are limits which the manual tells you about which gets people with big music file collections. So many files per directory, so many directories. In this case the partner had copied additional music to the SD card with embed album art which broke the limits unbeknown to me on the size of the graphic art. Once it got onto that track it caused the unit to reboot continually. Worrying thought the infotainment unit had broken. It's just the programming is primitive in places. You'd expect if the graphics art was too big it would just not load it but had loaded it into memory and elsewhere.

Basically if assembling mp3s or flac files to play in the car you put the album art image as a file called cover.jpg in the directory (No more than 500x500), don't use embedded album art and observe those files per directory limit.

– Playlists in the formats M3U, PLS, ASX and WPL.
– Playlists must not exceed 20 kB or more than 1000 entries.
– Filenames and paths that do not exceed 256 characters.
– For DVD, a maximum of 1000 files per storage device and directory.
– For memory cards, a maximum of 4000 files and a maximum of 1000 files per directory.
– For Jukebox (SSD) a maximum of 3000 files.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.