2019 Ibiza boot handle rubber seal coming off

snj

Jan 12, 2022
Hi everyone,

I bought a 2019 Ibiza the other day (I think it's manufactured in november 2018) and just noticed that there was a small piece of loose rubber about 1 cm in length sticking out a bit just beside the boot handle. That bit came off more or less by just blowing at it. Inspecting the area a bit more I can see that this rubber seal is missing in several places around the handle with some pieces still there. At the bottom where it's still there it's also quite deformed.

The attached image has arrows pointing at the places where the seal is still in place. I don't have another Ibiza to compare with so I don't know how it's usually supposed to look, but am I right thinking that the seal should be there and my car is just not an odd case of having it? One would think that this should last longer than 3 years!

Would this require a complete replacement of the handle or just the seal?

I bought it at a dealership and there's a second hand warranty in place that I hope will cover this seeing as this might cause future leaks? But before contacting them I'm trying to gather some information and would love your help, thanks!

Attachments

• boothandle.jpg
    boothandle.jpg
    941.1 KB · Views: 114
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.