580 miles without filling up...

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Ditto for me with my Leon PD150 used to reguarly get 600+

I normally manage around 500ish to 550 out of a tank

Wish we could vent the MkII which would help..

I did a 700 once in my mk1 with venting. 600s were hard without venting.

I've done a 570 in my mk2.

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
can I ask what speed you do on the motorway?? I've read that 6th at 70mph is the most economical, did this on a long trip last night and barely managed to get to 40 mpg . . . and that WAS driving like a grandad, tickling the accelerator and you say that you weren't driving like a grandad and get much better . . .

unless there's something wrong with mine?

cheers

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
can I ask what speed you do on the motorway?? I've read that 6th at 70mph is the most economical, did this on a long trip last night and barely managed to get to 40 mpg . . . and that WAS driving like a grandad, tickling the accelerator and you say that you weren't driving like a grandad and get much better . . .

unless there's something wrong with mine?

cheers

To be honest my trip was mostly A roads, as i said in the first post and I didnt really use 6th very much, but yeah your right 70 in 6th should give you more than 40mpg... im pretty sure my commute home I get 40ish and thats doing 70ish...:whistle:

It depends what you define as driving like a grandad, I havent been driving that long (3 years) so I guess I maybe dont have so many bad habits, I very rarely have to brake unlike some idiots you see on motorways and A roads constantly braking, makes me laugh :cartman:

What I love about the car is that you can keep it around 2k and get very decent mpg for the type of car but when you want to you can put your foot down and blow most of the other traffic away...

I once saw a reply on here that if you got more than 35mpg and changed gear before 4k in the FR TDI you were not driving it properly so everyone has a different point of view

Ive said many times I regularly get 50mpg+ from my commute to work listening to pop quiz and 40ish on the way home when nothing (usually) passes me [:@]

Ive always used bog standard supermarket diesel + millers :funk:

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
im usually keeping to between 60 and 70 depending on whether im going uphill or downhill, rarely have to brake and it maddens me so much when terrible drivers infront do something to ruin it for you and you have to brake then waste fuel accelerating back up to speed again! I think i may have become slightly obsessed since ive switch the computer to viewing my mpg instead of the time...

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.