75 bhp? I thought it was 85

DoYouDoubt

I've just found out my 06 mk4 ibiza has a 75 bhp engine instead of the dealer stated 85 :(. It's not a lot of power but it counts. I think my car just missed out on the 85 engine but its still a facelift.

vngtx

theres 3 different 1.4 engines, 73, 83 and 98hp. depends on which model you chose as to what engine you get.

DoYouDoubt

Engine code

Yup it's BKY. Maybe worth a remap? I dont know if its worth the cash but i'd love a little extra in the low revs.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
I think that 74 bhp was the power of my 1.4 polo 8v. If so it should pull well in the lower mid range but not have much at the top and no real point of red lining it. You need the 16v for that as the gti 16v (i guess 100bhp) they lent me once really flew:D

Once you know how to get the best out of it and work the box it should zip along around town nicely.

Last edited:

DoYouDoubt

16v

I think I could get 100 bhp out of it, I had a DAB edition and that was 100 but I guess you might be right theres very little in it, 25 bhp probably wont make a ton of difference. Anyone got any tried and tested methods for getting a little more power?

vngtx

could always turbo it but would be cheaper and easier to do engine transplant if you really want power.

DoYouDoubt

Turbo

A turbo is a good idea, but after seeing the poor reviews of the new ibiza cupra I think the 1.4 engine is on its limit with a turbo. Maybe I should just be happy with what I've got. I just put 40 quid petrol in today and it didnt even reach the top, it did last month though! These prices are a joke. If I go for a bigger engine I'll never be done filling it.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
A turbo is a good idea, but after seeing the poor reviews of the new ibiza cupra I think the 1.4 engine is on its limit with a turbo. Maybe I should just be happy with what I've got. I just put 40 quid petrol in today and it didnt even reach the top, it did last month though! These prices are a joke. If I go for a bigger engine I'll never be done filling it.

I know petrol is a joke! was £52 pounds to fill up mine yesterday at Tesco Silverburn

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.