98 IBIZA - MISSING HOSE

Apr 12, 2024
Hello friends,
I am missing a hose and cannot for the life of me find one - let alone the part number to buy one.
I have attached a picture of an engine like mine with the hose I need marked with a red arrow.
Any help would be truly appreciated.

Attachments

• SEAT IBIZA 1998.jpg
    SEAT IBIZA 1998.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
Apr 12, 2024
I have been told it is a 'breather' hose so have cobbled together a work around with a bit of hose and fixed it in place with some clips...
so I can now breathe again, cheers for the help.

Next I am tackling the temperature gauge on the dash, as it's not working (probably because I am such a hot car).
From what I have puzzled out I am going to have Ricky remove the coolant temperature gauge sensor and swap it for a new one, see how that plays out.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024
Changed the oil and filter a few days ago, then drove for ten miles and checked the cap this morning and it looks yuk.

Attachments

• OIL CAP.jpg
    OIL CAP.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 16
  • OIL CAP 2.jpg
    OIL CAP 2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 12
Apr 12, 2024
Cleaned the cap and ran her for some time, then let her cool down before checking her again...dipstick and cap were clear, so am hoping it might be condensation from where she sits unused and only has done short drives for a few miles...

Apr 12, 2024
...it seems it might be that. I have gone on a longer journey with no sign of gunky cap the following morning. But short journeys show the gunk, so maybe it might be condensation not burning off on short trips.
Anyways, Ricky changed my brake pads so I can breathe AND stop...also I had him drain and change my coolant to replace the temperature sensor...then he sat watching with crossed fingers until my needle started to move WOOHOO.

Apr 12, 2024
Next on the TO-DO list was my seats...they were a sort of 80's Miami Vice rainbow splatter pink blue yellow neon yuk.
So I got Ricky to colour just the pattern to make them more plain (note the collection of Pingu pillows - gift from our mom).
While in the painting mood I had him paint my badges and strips a matt black too, nice and subtle.
Next we are planning to tackle the wheels...one is a curb-bashed mess so might repair and paint them a satin black...but they have plastic centre caps so might be tricksey, but we will see...

Attachments

• 98 IBIZA FRONT SEATS BEFORE.jpg
    98 IBIZA FRONT SEATS BEFORE.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 98 IBIZA REAR SEATS.jpg
    98 IBIZA REAR SEATS.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 98 IBIZA REAR TRIM.jpg
    98 IBIZA REAR TRIM.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 13
Apr 12, 2024
Whilst trying to track down my missing paint code I came across this explanation of the VIN Code so thought I would add it here for anyone who might be interested.

The VIN code explained

VSS ZZZ 6 K Z X R 051375

VSS - Origin: V Europe,VS Spain, VSS SEAT
ZZZ - Vehicle Attributes - (ZZZ filler)
6 - Model Body Style
K - Engine
Z - Check Digit (Z filler)
X - Model Year
R - Assembly Plant
051375 - Production Sequence Number / Chassis Number

Origin (1st three VIN characters)

Europe is indicated by a first character of S-Z. Within this range, Spain has the codes VS-VW. Skoda's TM indicates Czech Republic, and anything beginning with a W is from Germany.

Assembly Plant

A Ingolstadt, Germany
B Brussels, Belgium
D Bratislave, Slovakia
E Emden, Germany
G Gratz, Germany
H Hannover, Germany
K Osnabrueck, Germany
M Mexico
N Neckarsulm, Germany, Mlada Boleslav
P Mosel
R Martorell, Spain