A bit of wobble

scott.malyon

Hello all, just want to pick your brains.

I have this problem, when i take a corner at about 80ish I get some wobble coming from the rear. I feel it through the seat rather than through the steering wheel and it is only on left hand bends.

I tried swapping over the rear wheels and found no difference.
I went to get some new tyres and they looked over the rear shocks and found no obvious leaks, but it was at ATS and I get the impression that they are useless.

So, is this behaviour likely to be caused by shocks or something else and if they need replacing where is the best place to go? Is it a main dealer job?

Car is a 2000 1.8 20VT

Thanks.

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
Sorry for digging up the oldest thread possible people but think ive got a similar problem to this myself on motorways sometimes, it feels like its the back end being a bit unsteady?? Any ideas? Worn bush somewhere or shock absorber?

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
So far as I know I dont have ARB's, wasnt sure if they came with standard crappy ones from factory like 15mm and people just upgraded to the 25mm ones, wouldnt mind though. Do most people who do tracking do the 4 wheel laser alignment and whats a fair price to ay for it to be done? After that I guess like you say it will be a bushes and shock/springs checkover. Is there any tell tale signs for if the knuckle joint on the steering is on the blink aswel, just out of curiosity?

Cheers!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.