Adam_'s 2007 Ibiza FR TDI

Adam_

Dec 16, 2010
Gloucestershire
Debadged the Ibiza part of the boot yesterday to tidy the back up a bit, heres a close up pic:
DSC02006.jpg

Adam_

Dec 16, 2010
Gloucestershire
Car now been de-wipered (washer wasn't working so took it off ready for MOT dunno whether il keep it like it) and also fitted some Compomotive TH but it seriously needs lowering which will be done next after the MOT and i paid my insurance next month . Pics:
DSC02203.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02202.jpg

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Lol, is that on standard suspension? Looks like a monster truck ha ha. That reminds me, need to get mine sorted out!

Adam_

Dec 16, 2010
Gloucestershire
What you going to go for? I'm thinking coilovers as i can't find a spring and shock kit that give the drop i want. Only thing is i don't want the ride to be anymore jarring than it already is!

Not too sure atm as can't find any coilovers that are cheap enough! They all like£600+ found some springs that would drop 40mm on the standard shocks for £100 but i dunno if that would be enough :)

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
Not too sure atm as can't find any coilovers that are cheap enough! They all like£600+ found some springs that would drop 40mm on the standard shocks for £100 but i dunno if that would be enough :)

2 cheap options:

Raceland coilovers or Rokkor coilovers. Both at £180 ish.

There are also the FK AK ones or the JOM's (need shorter droplinks, ford puma ones are cheapest option) at about 220 without droplinks.

Next cheapest are the v-maxx.

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers for advice, do the racelands/rokkors need droplinks?

Cheers! I like the splitter on your ibiza how do they fit on? Assume you have to glue them on or something?

Lol lots of f'ing and blinding. They are made for the lCR so really don't match the curvature of the beeza bumper!

You have to cut the v's down and use screws to screw into the bottom of the bumper.

Sounds easy but you really have to bend it and Im a perfectionist so it had to be perfect! Taken the best part of a day for me to do lol.

You need two people definitely!

Adam_

Dec 16, 2010
Gloucestershire
Lol lots of f'ing and blinding. They are made for the lCR so really don't match the curvature of the beeza bumper!

You have to cut the v's down and use screws to screw into the bottom of the bumper.

Sounds easy but you really have to bend it and Im a perfectionist so it had to be perfect! Taken the best part of a day for me to do lol.

You need two people definitely!

Think il pass on that then......for now anyways:p

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
looks good mate

check my thread for some cheap easy mods

so many to mention!

LCR splitter is piece of piss, needs bit of cutting, have done 3 or 4 already and have got it down to an art

lowering wise, i went with 50mm drop on dampers and springs, frim but good drop, as car is my daily driver

Last edited: