Air-con Problem and grinding noise

michaelda

May 14, 2017
Good evening,
I am new to this forum and hope I found the right section to post my question. I wonder if someone could give me advise/ experience in regards to my Seat Leon ST 1.2 Tech Mk3 2014.
I have no real knowledge about cars and don´t trust the SEAT garage and would therefore appreciate to hear another opinion.

I had a re-gas of the aircon (for the first time) together with the 3 year service. Since than I can hear a heavy working aircon fan when at the traffic lights the engine switch off due to the start-stop automatic. When I switch the aircon off, it stops too. It happens on all setting (e.g. fan speed 1-5). I never noticed that before, so I went back to the garage to question it, but they say I would be normal, as now the aircon would work properly again. Should not a bad maintained one be louder, as it has to work harder to cool the air? Can anyone confirm if this loud fan/compressor noise normal?
Additional to this, also since the service, sometimes a loud grinding / screeching noise comes from the passenger side under the bonnet during driving. This can be a second to a few seconds, it happens usually driving in the straight line, at various speed and not related to accelerate, braking or steering. Slowing down or braking makes no different. It has no impact to the drive (no vibrations, slowing down e.g.).
Is there a connection between both of these things, is there to much coolant or not enough coolant in the system? Where can I find the fan or compressor for the aircon under the bonnet?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.