Air vents warm air when clima switched OFF

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Hi All,
A question not sure if anyone observed it.
Yesterday I switched OFF my AC/clima.
But still I could feel a bit warm maybe towards hot faint air could be felt from the vents.
To get rid of it I tried turning only Fan ON with Lo temp settings with actual AC compressor off.
I tried tapping air recirculation but that didn't help much thinking it must be sucking in hot engine air as a fresh air.
Only way I could see to get away is to close the vents manually.
If this is the behaviour then in summer you would be forced to switch actual AC ON and cannot just use fan and roll down windows.

Thanks.
KJ

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Where's the question?

I would imagine, depending on the ambient air temperature the air will warm up a little as it passes through the car depending on the route it takes, the route can be failry complex with the complex packinging in cars these days.

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Well you found the question and answered it. ;) thanks.
But it's really annoying when everything is off ambient temp outside is 8 centigrade and its still pushing in warm air like 22 centigrade.
I had that phenomenon in some very old cars which lacked proper seals etc.
vents used to blow fresh warm engine air inside :)

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Well you found the question and answered it. ;) thanks.
But it's really annoying when everything is off ambient temp outside is 8 centigrade and its still pushing in warm air like 22 centigrade.
I had that phenomenon in some very old cars which lacked proper seals etc.
vents used to blow fresh warm engine air inside :)
Hmmm, 22°C is quite hot when its 8°C outside, you had the demand set to cold / Low / colder than 22°?

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Well yes if its 8 outside I am not expecting something like 22 inside when everything is switched off.
And hence I felt it as to why car was still getting warm inside if all is switched off :rolleyes: and myself asking if anyone else observed such in their formentor.
Obviously then I tried playing with just blower ON and temp to lowest so it only blows in the outside air which was not the case.

Jan 31, 2022
Same behaviour with my Formentor.
In my case, I have a Hybrid Plugin and I only feel the heat when I'm using the combustion engine.
The easiest solution for me is to switch on the interior air recirculation.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
I have a Hybrid Plugin and I only feel the heat when I'm using the combustion engine.
There must be something wrong with your car... I have no problem in heating the cabin while in EV-mode. I also preheat the car from the App (when needed) before I go to the car - no ICE required.

@dashnine : yes, it's a PTC heater; at least for the PHEV... not sure about the other versions.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members