Airbag Light and Steering wheel controls broke

Dec 12, 2019
Bit of a long story..

I run a car sales business, I sold the car to a customer in July with it working fine. The clock spring broke in August and he had it replaced under warranty. The cruise and left right buttons haven't worked since then. He's just part exchanged it back in with me for something else, now I'm left to try to sort it, but the old one is long gone so copying the settings over isn't possible. So I'm hoping someone can tell me what settings to change in what module before the last resort of taking it to the main dealer

gard_ian8

Mar 5, 2007
So i think the slip ring wasnt coded properly when it was replaced. My code was the same as another member who was helping me at the time.
mine is a 2012 FR+ and the Software Coding was: 1082140002
Try that?

Scarzy87

Sep 22, 2020
sunderland Tyne and Wear
Sorry to revive old thread but having the same issue had car in to vastech yesterday changed clock spring when I left the garage noticed couldn't use all my wheel controls and my cruise control also not working. Took back to garage today they had it back on vagcom cudnt work out what was happening so they put old unit back on to see if they had missed something then put new unit back on but not programming the controls for the wheel or the horn cruise control works again. Car going back in not week for them to look into it deeper any help would be appreciated thanks

gard_ian8

Mar 5, 2007
Sounds as though the
Sorry to revive old thread but having the same issue had car in to vastech yesterday changed clock spring when I left the garage noticed couldn't use all my wheel controls and my cruise control also not working. Took back to garage today they had it back on vagcom cudnt work out what was happening so they put old unit back on to see if they had missed something then put new unit back on but not programming the controls for the wheel or the horn cruise control works again. Car going back in not week for them to look into it deeper any help would be appreciated thanks
This sounds as though the software coding isnt right on the new module, see if they can change this to 1082140002 if its a 2012 model it works. Good luck!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.