Airbag light

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
Hi guys my airbag light has come on and it will not clear, it clears for a couple of seconds when u start the ignition but comes back on. Its not flashing though any ideas what may be the cause? Is it just related to the drivers bag or does it include thing like the seat belt tensioners?

:confused:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I've just had excatly the same problem on my misses 206....it turned out to be a loose wire under the passenger seat.

As the seats get mooved backwards and forwardsup/down they put stress on the wires.

Its worth fiddling with these first before going to much further :)

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
yup seats are a common cause of them lighting up. get someone with vag-com to knock it off for you or you could take off th cables off the battery overnight. if you do just make sure you have the code for the raido....

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I don't think taking the battery off resets the airbag light, you need to have the fault cleared by someone with vagcom/fault reader, or your local dealer ;)

jezza49

cupra tdi 150
Jul 1, 2008
maidstone, kent
just had the same thing too, it ended up being the passanger side air bag sensor? lucky enough the car is in warranty, as already said get some one with vag.com or take it to a dealers to get checked.....

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
yup but if its a loose connection under a seat removing the cables will reset it. would be a lot easier to do via vag com but if there is noone near with it it would be worth a try sooner than paying a dealer 50quis fr 2 mins work!

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
:( I'm gutted

I've got some 5ohm resistors in the airbag connectors on the Toledo and I've had to get the airbag light reset about 4 times cos people keep kicking them

Useful info though - saved me a few quid if/when it happens again

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
:( I'm gutted

I've got some 5ohm resistors in the airbag connectors on the Toledo and I've had to get the airbag light reset about 4 times cos people keep kicking them

Useful info though - saved me a few quid if/when it happens again

dose the free version of vagcom clear them?? if it did you could download it and get a cable of ebay.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Probably

laptop died about a year ago though and I've no use for one otherwise

besides, disconnecting the battery is FREE :D

I think I always assumed because everyone makes such a big deal about disconnecting the battery first before removing airbags/seats etc and DO NOT TURN THE KEY WITH THE AIRBAG DISCONNECTED !!! that it was a fault code you had to have cleared.... never bothered to check myself :roll:

Airbag light isn't even an MOT failure, so you can just take the battery off at your own convenience / when you get sick of seeing it

ginger prince

i've got the same thing on my 51 plate LC, my mate put his code reader on it at his garage and it turned out to be the airbag moduale ?? whatever that is. can't clear it so i'm just living with it.

i don't intend to use the airbags anytime soon!!