Alana H/U to in dash CD Changer Lead?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i have a MK.4 ibiza which has the standard Alana H/U.
i have bought a 6 CD in-dash multichanger which has alledgedly come out of a new ('ish) Skoda Octavia.
i picked up the "correct" lead from the stealer today and it doesn't fit, not even the correct shape.

the one i got was part no. 6X0 051 734 A.
this has a female connector with 2 rows of 4 contacts, linked to a male connector of the same arrangement (2 rows of 4) as the female socket and also a male 2 contact plug with clips either side?
20062007032ci8.jpg

the female socket on the CD changer is 2 rows of 6 contacts (1 in each row is blank / not there, so actually 2 rows of 5). :confused:
13062007009jt8.jpg

all help and advice much appreciated!!!!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
The changer's got a standard SEAT, VW connection

Where did you get the part number ? The lead you've been sold is the one to make the 6 disc in-dash changer illuminate with your dash lights (which is why it's got flyleads off the ISO plug)

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
The changer's got a standard SEAT, VW connection

Where did you get the part number ? The lead you've been sold is the one to make the 6 disc in-dash changer illuminate with your dash lights (which is why it's got flyleads off the ISO plug)

i got the part number after doing a search on the forum.

so the lead i have, do i need that as well as a different lead?
the lead i have doesn't seem to plug in anywhere on the changer?

think i have found the part number for the correct lead, 1M2 971 735
can anybody confirm this is the lead i need as i don't want to end up with a bag full of leads and no cash!

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
The Leon/Toledo cable's 1M2971735
(but is only about a meter long so you'll probably need the 5m one if you're sticking the changer in the boot)

The changer may or may not have a small slot (socket) in the opposite corner to where the lead comes out - when I stuck a single in-dash changer in mine it lit up fine, so you probably don't need the harness you've got :confused:

Last edited:

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
its an in-dash cd changer

i have just had a look around the unit and the only connector is the one shown in the picture.

so it looks like the lead i have is useless then?

have to try and get the dealer to have it back, what do you reckon my chances are?

Last edited: