alloy sizes

dunkymunky

right, I've looked all through this forum and cant find the answer...what size alloy do I need for a 96 P reg 1.4 SE Ibiza? I want 17@ oz super t's I think, whats the offset etc I need to know when ordering? thanks

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
All the standard wheels were a 38mm offset (ET38), but if your new wheels are going to be wider than 6" (I'm guessing they will be), then you might want to consider something with a little less offset. That's a little. Don't go nuts. You'll probably get away with a 7" wide wheel with a 38mm offset, but a 7.5" is starting to push it a bit if you don't want rubbing when you go round corners.

The centreline of a wheel with the same offset will be in the same place, so if the wheel is an inch wider (with the same offset), it will sit a half inch further in and further out of the arch - and that can lead to arch chuffage on the inner edge. A wheel with less offset will move the centreline outward, so sitting further out. It's the same effect you'd get if you added spacers.

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra R's came with 6.5Jx16" OZ SuperT's with a 35mm offset - giving a 6mm wider track (3mm each side).

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
With suitable tyres (i.e. to maintain rolling radius as original wheel/tyre combo), wheel diameter is relatively unimportant in the will it/won't it rub debate. Rubbage is generaly down to wheel width and offset.