Alpine CDE-113 BT - Faulty. Who bares responsibility?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Hi folks,

I purchased two of these units and mine has become faulty. The other is in the mrs car and works 100%. I purchased these just before the new year 2009.
I've contacted the seller (dynamic sounds nr. elephant & castle), and have been told I need to send the unit to Alpine.

Is this correct? I actually want a refund and it has been totally useless for what it's designed for.

I thought the burden was with dynamic sounds as i purchased from them. (if my tv went tits up within 1 month of buying it i'd go to currys, not toshiba!!!)
:confused:

Am i being fobbed off?

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
their site states all units are sent back to them and then sent for repair after 7 days-im not 100% sure if thats legal (most are 28days)

You are entitled to a refund if the item is tested and found to be faulty within the guarantee period

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Hmm something tells me this isn't going to be straight forward. When I emailed them stated I'd like a refund, and they have replied I need to send it to alpline for a repair...

This should be fun!

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
taken from consumer direct site

Your contract is with the trader and not the manufacturer and you should always go back to them to make a claim under the Sale of Goods Act.

If you are returning goods that are not of satisfactory quality or not as described and you return them within a reasonable period of time you may be entitled to ask for a full refund. If you have had some use from the goods or have had them for a while before you take them back you could ask for a repair or a replacement item. You, as the consumer, have the option of which solution you would like, however you must not require the trader to repair or replace the goods if this would be too costly, as compared to another remedy.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
As the item is outside the 7 day purchase period the item can only be repaired according to our terms and conditions and according to the sales of goods act 1978.

Is the response I've got....
Pooop! Hmmm

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
within 7 days is if you want to return an item because you just dont want it no more.
throughout the warranty period you can have a refund if faulty,they may decide not to give you a full refund as you have had the use of it for x amount of time

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise