Altea Free Track 4?

Tabintab

Sep 15, 2006
Peterborough
Was wondering if any Altea owners have a test drive, or own the new Altea Free Track 4? Suggestions, comments etc all appreciated, even the colour choice would be interesting.

Thanks
Tab

bobbycfc

Jun 6, 2007
Motherwell
Have to say that I have yet to see my first FreeTrack on the road. Have seen one sitting at my local dealers but none on the road.

Don't know if the price is the issue - I got a brand new XL Stylance 2.0tdi for just under £15k where book price was about £17.5k or thereabouts. The Freetrack was roughly £20K and no mention of discounting (obviously wouldn't discount at launch). Is it really worth 5-6k more than the standard XL?

Will be interesting to see if all the dealer / demonstators / pre reg start to hit the forecourts just after New Year?

Last edited:

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

I'm happy to do deals on the freetrack so let me know if your interested

we have a demo availible aswell

they do drive very well stick to the road and are very comfortable

Irfan

Tell

Staff member
I see Honest John (Daily Telegraph motoring agony aunt) has fallen in luv with the Free Track 4, today's Q & A, recommending it as a car to consider. Bit unusual to see... perhaps he'll be plugging the Free Track as he plugs the Panda.

IMG SEAT

Matthew @ IMG SEAT
I am currently driving the Altea 4 Freetrack 170PS TDI. It is very capable on and off the road with a very comfortable but sporting ride. The car is very well specced with eveything you will need. The interior has a very unique brown colour (looks nicer than it sounds) with half leather seats. There is also a 7" multimedia screen in the back to keep the kids happy :)

The one I have got is in Track Grey, which is probably the best colour for it although it would look good in Black Magic as well. Suprisingly though it also looks good in Natura Green.

Check out our website for further details www.seatwarrington.co.uk

Tabintab

Sep 15, 2006
Peterborough
I am currently driving the Altea 4 Freetrack 170PS TDI. It is very capable on and off the road with a very comfortable but sporting ride. The car is very well specced with eveything you will need. The interior has a very unique brown colour (looks nicer than it sounds) with half leather seats. There is also a 7" multimedia screen in the back to keep the kids happy :)

Dont suppose you have tried towing with it at all? Or know if it can have a towhitch fitted?

Looked at Tyota Rav4 & Honda CRV, but still keep looking back at my altea, she is such a good looker :)

Tab

IMG SEAT

Matthew @ IMG SEAT
I have not tried towing with the Altea 4 myself, but we have been issued with a tow hitch for it, and the car is aimed at customers who regularly tow, so I guess it is very capable at towing a maximum 1400 kg load.

Rallye Dale

Feb 27, 2007
Warrington Cheshire
I'll post some pic's of the colour Matthew :whistle:

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

illustrious

Converted Beezer lover..
Apr 5, 2005
Worcestershire
I have really fallen for these Freetracks - I'm hooked on the Crono Yellow - maybe I'm biased as my current Leon FR is also yellow! I've sat in one (albeit black which I don't like) & it certainly is well specced with plenty of storage space.

Seriously considering a test drive & possibly replace by Crono Yellow 56plate Leon FR (21,000miles.)
Intertested to hear any comparisons to the Leon 170 FR or if anyone knows what sort of deal I should get?
I'm 13 months out of 3yrs into the Volkswagen Finance for my Leon.

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
My wife and I spent a fair bit of time looking at a number of estates/MPVs in January and found the Freetrack to be a real contender.

Admittedly if there was a 2.0T Altea XL we would never have considered it but there isn't so ......

We both independently test drove 2.0 TDI (170bhp) models of the freetrack at different stealers - it seems no dealer was brave enough to order a demo Petrol variant. The ride height is similar to the XL (although mentally feels higher), the drive feels pretty similar to the XL with Sports pack and the interior trim feels slightly more 'brash' (although I loved the gearstick!). The screen in the back is pretty tiny and would have caused open warfare between my two young sons! A 7in headdrest monitor is a little small, when moved to a roof location it is postage stamp like. Also note, it is only a screen - no DVD etc.

However, 4x4 drive when required and a 197 BHP TFSI are hard to argue against. Particularly as an Octavia VRS/Passat estate don't have the 4x4 possibility at all and look too 'estatey'.

In the end neither of us fancied buying a car that looked like it was wearing nappies, especially when it came at such a premium (discounted base 2.0T freetrack vs discounted 1.8T XL with sports pack was nearly £3k difference!) and so we went for the 160 PS 1.8T XL variant.

We're just betting that a 1.8TSi Revo solution will eventually come along if we have chosen badly!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members