Ambient lighting/wrap around

Oct 1, 2023
Hi all,

My partner has just got a 2021 Leon FR (believe this is the MK4)

When viewing the car, the dealer showed us that you could change the colour of the interior lighting (on doors and wrapping around the dashboard)

We picked the car up yesterday and can’t seem to find this option. I’ve attached an image of the screen I’m sure it was on previously. Am I looking in the wrong place or should it be here?

We did do a factory reset shortly after picking up the car we were having trouble with CarPlay, if that makes any difference.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3884.jpeg
    IMG_3884.jpeg
    433.8 KB · Views: 179

Davehaslanded

Jan 25, 2017
England
Just get options to adjust the door and footwell light strength, all are standard red colour

No light cross the dash
The dealer showed you the FR sport. Your Model is the FR. they're very similar, but the FR sport is has a few additional features. From memory, the Sport has more BHP, Wrap around LED lighting, heated seats, heated sterring wheel. I think it has adaptive cruise control as well, whereas the standard FR doesn't.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My partner has just got a 2021 Leon FR (believe this is the MK4)

When viewing the car, the dealer showed us that you could change the colour of the interior lighting (on doors and wrapping around the dashboard)

We picked the car up yesterday and can’t seem to find this option. I’ve attached an image of the screen I’m sure it was on previously. Am I looking in the wrong place or should it be here?

We did do a factory reset shortly after picking up the car we were having trouble with CarPlay, if that makes any difference.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Is it the same car? Sounds like you were shown a model with a higher spec than the one you were given.

Oct 1, 2023
It’s the same car we took for a test drive and were shown around. Will contact the dealer and see what they say.

They also said it had adaptive cruise control but were not sure this model does..

Davehaslanded

Jan 25, 2017
England
It’s the same car we took for a test drive and were shown around. Will contact the dealer and see what they say.

They also said it had adaptive cruise control but were not sure this model does..
Something is definitely not right. Just to check, does the dash already have a strip light on, of any colour? If it doesn’t, I’d be very suspicious. One thing that I did have on my car, on an earlier software version, the car wouldn’t remember the lighting strip settings you chose, & would return to off setting. Do you know which software you are on? You want at least 1940 if you can

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013

If it has adaptive cruise it'll have these 3 buttons (circled in purple) on the left side panel of the steering wheel. These are how you control the gap between you and the car in front.

1696318604975.png

chembers

Mar 21, 2023
I have an FR Sport which has all the lighting and heated seats and wheel but I do NOT have adaptive cruise, blind spot lighting, nor the animated rear light bar and indicators. There seems to be a lot of variation I think due to chip and parts shortages.

Reactions: Davehaslanded

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I have an FR Sport which has all the lighting and heated seats and wheel but I do NOT have adaptive cruise, blind spot lighting, nor the animated rear light bar and indicators. There seems to be a lot of variation I think due to chip and parts shortages.
Agree; many of these apparent spec anomalies are likely to be down to the recent semiconductor and parts supply issues.

I‘ve read on some other (non-VAG) forums of similar unexplained spec anomalies. Manufacturers were faced with a situation of either a) stockpiling parts built cars and then retro-fitting the missing parts when they received supplies or b) building cars with some items of downgraded or missing spec to minimise the impact on build/delivery timescakes.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.