How to do Software Updates manually?

Dec 8, 2023
Hello everyone, I drive a 2021 Leon FR 1.5 TSI Manual. The car is without the options such as smart ambient lighting etc.
I live in Turkey and unfortunately we don’t have Seat Connect. So, OTA updates are not available in my case.
I have heard that software updates can be done with only a USB stick and having the right installation files. I am not sure how it is done and don’t know where to get the update installation files.

My software version seems to be 1790. The System info menu screen is included in the attached files.

Any chance you can inform me about this issue? Thanks in advance and have a good day.

Attachments

• IMG_4775.jpeg
    IMG_4775.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 90
Nov 18, 2021
Hello everyone, I drive a 2021 Leon FR 1.5 TSI Manual. The car is without the options such as smart ambient lighting etc.
I live in Turkey and unfortunately we don’t have Seat Connect. So, OTA updates are not available in my case.
I have heard that software updates can be done with only a USB stick and having the right installation files. I am not sure how it is done and don’t know where to get the update installation files.

My software version seems to be 1790. The System info menu screen is included in the attached files.

Any chance you can inform me about this issue? Thanks in advance and have a good day.
You don't need seat connect to receive OTA updates. You can complain that you have issues with the infotainment system, there are plenty of issues that are valid to ask for an update if your car is under warranty.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Dec 8, 2023
You don't need seat connect to receive OTA updates. You can complain that you have issues with the infotainment system, there are plenty of issues that are valid to ask for an update if your car is under warranty.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk
The warranty was 2 years, thus the car doesn’t have one anymore. There aren’t any major issues with it but it could work a little bit faster and smoother. Also, resolution when using car play isn’t great, in my opinion.
I have found installation files for the software update, now need to get a type C usb stick drive.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
You don't need a usb c stick, an OTG adapter will let you use a normal usb stick - it worked fine for me to do the update.

Dec 8, 2023
You don't need a usb c stick, an OTG adapter will let you use a normal usb stick - it worked fine for me to do the update.
The guide provided by East Yorkshire Retrofits says that you should not use an adapter from type a to type c. I am not sure what would happen if something goes wrong during the update, thus hesitant about using an adapter. Probably I’ll buy a seperate type c usb stick for this job.

There's a reason VWAG don't recommend this 🙄

We've had 3/4 customers experience issues using adapters, best case it just won't start the update. 1 of them had the update fail midway

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell and cagbaba

Tell

Staff member
I get a lecture from some quarters about you can use an adaptor but it has to be marked up as for data... suspect Chinese ones dont all do it. Reckon reversible dongle is the RR if USB-A is the only port on a PC. People fall in love with their trusty memory stick and buy an adaptor. I wouldn't personally fall in love with mine just get a reversible memory stick they don't cost much...

Also be aware of Macs and CleanMyDrive. Macs leave garbage in down loads which trip the integrity check on the file.

We have a mib3 offline navigation thread to complement to mib2 one 😍. These Seat and Skoda file can be old is one of the take always.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise