annoyining dash board rattle...anyone else?

leon1918

Jan 30, 2004
n.ire
Visit site
i have this extremely annoying sound , what i would describe as a chirp when i drive and its doing my head in . anyone else had this? or know what it could be.. sounds to be coming just below centre of dash

oedo

I have a noise like this too, drives me nuts! Different car but best I've been able to do to stop it is wedge my finger on the right between the dash and steering column. Push hard enough and it tends to stop. Haven't worked out a permenant solution yet though!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
You might get more answers if you post it in the Leon forum, as
1) You'll reach lots more Leon owners and
2) It's not really a TDI specific problem

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I forgot about these sqeeks/rattles Used to drive me spare. One was the panel below the steering wheel (nipped the screws/bolts - twice) The other one was the centre panel immediately below the dash - wedged a piece of card between the two and forgot about it. Pulled it out months later and the squeek had gone.

These really used to wind me up and I've forgotten totally about them until now!

I don't know if my actions curred the problem but they have definately gone and hopefully will never resurface again. Could be that the cars mellowing out with old age - first MOT a few months back.

rice-c87

i had a rattle in my dash and i just got a bit of fuel pipe from my local autos and its worked a treat it might not be the same thing but its worth a try Rice-C87

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members