Anyone got an accurate diagram of the BAM/AMK LCR 1.8T (N249 related)

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Mainly interested in the boost control system (N249 and assorted hoses etc.)

I've found 3 but none of them seem correct (for different version of the 1.8T I expect)

For reference here is an image of the LCR N249 hoses shamelessly nicked from the excellent N249 guide

N249step11.jpg

efi6hz.gif

This looks completely wrong, the N249 doesn't connect to the N75 feed at all

259ib7n.png

This looks wrong also, if you follow the t-piece that links to the manifold it doesn't seem the same

eumxee.jpg

This seems the most correct but the vacuum resevoir on the LCR doesn't split off to feed the secondary air injection and is purely for the N249, right?

Just trying to get things straight before I attempt the 249 bypass, assuming I do. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding this mod and I've read counter claims saying it's a bad idea as the N249 actually controls the DV off boost for quicker response (as well as on boost for safety reasons)

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I can guarantee you that diagram 3 is 100% correct for the N249, are you sure you are not just misreading the diagram? It is kind of upside down so as to make the diagram more clearly legible.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Just removing the engine cover and following the pipes with your fingers gives you a pretty accurate idea where everything goes.
I dont think you need to look at it that in depth otherwise you will end up confusing yourself

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
This is as simple as I can make the N249 bypass, just get one piece of vac hose (4mm ID) and join the two blue dots on this diagram. EVERYTHING else that connects to these dots can be removed.

259ib7n.png

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Just dont use cheap vacuum hose, get some thick stuff. Mine rip'ed the hose over, so I use some heavy duty now!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.