Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

Jace

Sneaker Freaker

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
Goot, why not buy it online from FasterOnline ?
That's where I bought mine from, I got 5l but they do ther smaller size too and postage is included in the prices. Fast service too.

Went for the 500ml twin pack (£21.98). Gave up trying to save some pennies finding it locally. Double dose time to get through my PowerPlus bottle....

Goot :)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Looks like I'm on a win-win situation with fuel - Sport 4 is cutting down my smoke, aiding economy and making my car a bit more fun to drive, and I found my commute goes straight past a flogas outlet, so I can now get LPG for the powershot kit for 41p a litre, not 50 like I've been paying at the BP down the road. :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Just got mine today. Doubled up and filler her up...I suppose I have to wait till my second tank full to see if its made any difference...

Never put anything additive in there before so i expect to see at least something.

woodyTDI

Jan 29, 2007
Essex
i am going to get some of this when i get paid next, is it worth a ecu reset? and what does that actually do?

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
You could try an ECU reset to start the fuel system learning from scratch with the additive in, a few threads on here on ECU reset, will tell you what you need to know, also some argument over effectivness ,if any of an ECU reset.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
ECU's are pretty intelligent and adapt quite quickly to your driving style. If there is an increased Cetene level it will adapt by the second tank full for sure.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
My Ibiza FR won't do 50mpg unless I am in 6th driving about 50mph. I am tempted to use this if it does improve mpg, thats my main concern. I hate to see the mpg below 50!

I don't really want to go head first into the 5 litre if this stuff is more in my head than in my tank.... hmmmm.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
It's not in my head. ;) My MFA2 crept up to 58mpg for it's long term average mpg. Even on Millers Diesel Power Plus it was rare for the long term average to get above 50. :) It really is brilliant for economy, and there seems to be slightly less smoke when really booting (which I've not been doing any differently since swapping to this stuff)

It's just the funny looks I seem to get when I start holding up a urine sample bottle at head height to read the ML on the side, to measure out the right quantity. People must think I'm really unhealthy producing a sample of that colour, and even weirder to be adding it to my diesel. :D

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Well, can't comment on how my car was before I put Millers in because I did pretty much from day 1. But I am now on my first tank without Millers as I have run out.

Cant notice any difference in mpg, slowly getting better, but I think its mainly due to the weather.

However, my little beauty, where it used to puuuuuuur, it now sounds like a tractor, the smoke in the morning lasts for longer, I will be ordering a new bottle soon!!

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Ordered my from fast online a few days ago. Should be here any day fingers crossed. :)

FerrariStu

Scuderia Leona
Feb 15, 2007
Got into a right mess last night, was busy at the pump so tried to be quick, but forgot to put the Millers in first, so filled 5 ltrs, stopped, got the Millers in, then started filling again, the cashier was in a right mess as she thought someone had stolen some diesel. I used 60ltrs BP Ultimate and 5 caps of Millers, must admit, have not seen any smoke this morning, and does sound nice!!

I'm interested in this Miller's stuff so i've been reading through this thread from the beginning but I have to thank you beno for this post (and your subsequent one) which made me giggle lots :happy:

Brilliant. Sounds like the kind of thing i'd do which is why I found it so funny.:clap:

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
I have just filled up with 39.5 litres and two caps of millers, lets see if anything happens now. :)

FerrariStu

Scuderia Leona
Feb 15, 2007
Ok, here's a stupid question that I haven't seen asked yet so i'm going to bite the bullet and ask it anyway.

If Miller's Diesel Power Sport 4 is only for use with Euro IV vehicles with catalytic converters and diesel particulate filters, how do I bloody well know that my vehicle (New Leon 1.9 dti Stylance) has them fitted?

Not being that up on it, all my manual says is that these may or may not be on my vehicle.

Can anyone reassure me in any way?

Come to think of it, what would happen if you did use Millers 4 on an engine without a Cat and a DPF?

Thanks in advance peeps.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Ok, here's a stupid question that I haven't seen asked yet so i'm going to bite the bullet and ask it anyway.

If Miller's Diesel Power Sport 4 is only for use with Euro IV vehicles with catalytic converters and diesel particulate filters, how do I bloody well know that my vehicle (New Leon 1.9 dti Stylance) has them fitted?

Not being that up on it, all my manual says is that these may or may not be on my vehicle.

Can anyone reassure me in any way?

Come to think of it, what would happen if you did use Millers 4 on an engine without a Cat and a DPF?

Thanks in advance peeps.

It says it is suitable for Euro4 etc, not Only suitable for Euro4 etc.

Manual says not to use fuel additives but isn't BP Ultimate just normal derv with more additives?

Last edited:

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Manual says a lot of things that can be taken with a pinch of salt. :D

I believe the proof is in the pudding, so to speak, my car is running amazingly on it - massive (by my standards) economy gains - just generally better all round. I will not stop using it again.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise