Apple Car Play....but no Bluetooth, cannot make/take handsfree calls?

May 20, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Firstly I hope I've posted this in the right sub-forum, I recently acquired a nice Cupra 290 and I am over the moon with it.

I've made the switch from a 520D Xdrive M Sport Plus with all the bells and whistles, as the hot-hatch menace in me wanted to get something quick again before we're forced to go hyrbid :):).

In all of my recent cars 520D, TTS, S3 I've had Apple Car Play, I don't know why but I love it! So long story short, I needed it to be activated on the Cupra 290 and the garage done that for free as part of the trade in.

Now with full-link Apple Car Play I need to use the cable every-time to sync up as it was wireless in the Bimmer, but I can live with that.

But I've now noticed something with calls on my phone. If I am ringing someone, or someone rings me there aint no sound!

Nada not a peep.....so I began investigating and then I noticed while apple car play works a treat, there is no bluetooth (or mobile phone option) in the damn menu.

So Apple Car Play works, but I cannot connect the phone via bluetooth?

Has anyone seen this ?

It's a 2019 Cupra 290 (copper badged)

Any assistance/guidance provided would be greatly appreciated.

jdubya

May 30, 2017
South West
Hi MexicanBeans, I’m fairly sure when I plug my iPhone into the car to use CarPlay the in dash display mentions something like the “car systems” (nav/Bluetooth etc) won’t now be used as CarPlay does all that through the phone - not 100% sure so will check next time I’m in the car. 🤔👍

May 20, 2021
Hey Jdubya,

it’s very strange sat in the car again this evening and toyed around with stuff but it appears to be some kind of error as per the attached image
478B10A0-7504-4A79-AFBA-2FE5EA366C1C.jpeg

jdubya

May 30, 2017
South West
Hi MexicanBeans, are you 100% sure you have correctly paired your phone and the car? May seem like a stupid question but it points more to initially not paired than an actual issue - check again and if unsure I would speak to your local dealer and see if they can help 👍

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.