are the rear axle loads the same on any MK.4?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
as we all know, there are 2 different front axle weights and that spring kits cater for both.

but does anybody know if the rear axle loadings on a MK.4 bezza are the same regardless of the fronts?

could people post their axle load figures please?

the reason for the question is down to after having a 30mm Koni kit fitted the rear end still sits 15mm higher than the front [:@]
Koni tell me that their kit is designed this way, great idea (no smiley for sarcasm!)

looking at the prices of spring kits that lower 40 / 45mm there is a difference in cost of around £30 between the "under 890 kg's" and the "over 890 kg's" kits.
as i only want to use the rear springs, could i use the under 890kg kit even though i have a 1.9TDi 130sport which falls into the "over 890 kg" catergory? :confused:

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
1 word ****~~~~¬¬¬¬¬¬`````COILOVERS `````¬¬¬¬¬¬¬~~~~****

:lol:
after reading all the threads on suspension, how did i know that you were going to say that Rash, out of every scn'r! :lol:

i went for the koni adjustable kit so i was able to adjust the damping to suit my daily drive down the lanes!
was worried that if i went coilovers and lowered to the ideal ride height ( looks wise ) that i would rattle my fillings out!

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
iirc there is a plate on the side of the strut mount inside the engine bay with the figurs for the front ( 1 ) and rear ( 2 ).

i'll check mine when i finish work and post the figures.

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
Axle weights are in the handbook iirc but the rear is the same on all ibiza mk4's as its only the engine weight that changes the front ie the derv's and 1.8t are heavier than the 1.2/1.4

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
so the rear springs on all MK.4 's should have to cope with the same weight? :think:

so i could just buy the kit that lowers the distance i want for a 1.2 beeza? :cheeky:

i'd still like some confirmation from people posting their axle loadings please :D