Arona missing reverse camera guide lines

Silvain1

Dec 9, 2021
Hello,

Some months ago I bought a Seat Arona without a reverse camera.
So I bought one from the Seat shop and let the Seat garage install it.
I tested it and it worked, but didn't payed attention to the lines.
A day later when reversing I noticed it. So I contacted the garage.
They said that the lines arent possible on my Model if you install the camera afterwards.
Is that true? Because even €10 camera's from Aliexpress have lines and on the Website from Seat it also says it is a camera with lines.
Is it the camera's fault or they need to activate it on obs2?
I have the Seat Arona FR Launch Edition from 2018.

Thank you,
Silvain

Tell

Staff member
You would think it's generated in the infotainment system rather than within the camera.... saying that this thread for a VW names three different types of cameras:

Can't say I'm an expert on reversing cameras, mine work on the Ateca and bend, not sure on the Arona will look tomorrow. I have read on threads here people talking about high line retrofit cameras, think it might have been the boards retrofitter sponsor that did someone's.

Here's a Google I've constructed for you:

There are those three types of cameras. Says that the bend lines ones need calibrating if post fitted.

I've got 360 on my Ateca, bees knees. I'll see what the Arona 2019 Xcellence Lux factory fitted ones do, tomorrow.

Reactions: Silvain1

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I got Seat to fit a camera to the wife’s Ibiza FR Sport, no grid lines but wife said better than nothing. One thing I will say is the picture quality is top notch, better than my Formentor.

Reactions: Silvain1 and Tell

Tell

Staff member
What the 2019 Arona Xcellence Lux looks like. Line doesn't bend with wheel. (the car image on the left is the full ultrasound view which the Arona Xcellence Lux also supports)
20211210_122517.jpg

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Maybe they successfully coded it this time. I'm not an expert in how the camera works but it feels to be like the guide lines are generated within the infotainment system.... rose to the occasion the key word is this:

I believe you need one of these connected to the camera, without it no lines. You find them for sale, so they must have added one, or you had it already but hadn't connected the camera into it.

I followed Mr Fixit's coding on the camera which he'd installed using a dash camera in the rear...

Cross checking his settings with the factory fitted one tally.
Screenshot_20211210-160901.png
Screenshot_20211210-161417.png

So nothing special with the coding... so it means it's done in the camera or in a camera unit. With the Google's got that. As you say miss wired or left out the black box.

Possibly they fitted this one:

Reactions: Silvain1

Silvain1

Dec 9, 2021
Maybe they successfully coded it this time. I'm not an expert in how the camera works but it feels to be like the guide lines are generated within the infotainment system.... rose to the occasion the key word is this:

I believe you need one of these connected to the camera, without it no lines. You find them for sale, so they must have added one, or you had it already but hadn't connected the camera into it.

I followed Mr Fixit's coding on the camera which he'd installed using a dash camera in the rear...

Cross checking his settings with the factory fitted one tally.
View attachment 28697 View attachment 28698

So nothing special with the coding... so it means it's done in the camera or in a camera unit. With the Google's got that. As you say miss wired or left out the black box.

Possibly they fitted this one:

Atleast I'm glad they fixed it. Because before they said it wasn't possible. So I guess they hoped that I would stop nagging. 😁

Thanks for all the info guys!

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
You will need the coding as in post 8 since they won't have left the car prepped with that I'm sure. I don't believe the Arona does the bendy guidelines just the fixed as per the picture. Whether dynamic means bendy or fixed 😂. My Ateca they bend with the steering wheel position to give you a view of where it's heading (dynamic trajectory), it does have top view, that might be a part of that or more enhanced systems. I'd probably find that in the coding by digging into the other systems and Googling. The 2019 Arona Xcellence Lux factory fitted camera as per the picture (fixed lines), don't bend but are still useful.

We'll await @lustucry to say how easy it is to fit and the coding they did. Reckon it's post 8... but I could be wrong. Dynamic lines will be more coding and whether the Arona is up to that not sure. You do find people having issues fitting the more fancy cameras doing to Google.