Autonostics VAG-COM Lead - Starts scan then stops!

bnor-cupra

Thought I would finally take the plunge and post something! Unfortunatley for you guys it seems to be quite a well discussed area which causes some annoyances :censored: In the post I've read anyways! I, like others, bought a autonostics cable from ebay and am having an issue. Firstly, the cable works, I can test the interface ok and communicate with the car. However when I choose AUTOSCAN it starts to pick up details, does engine scan and then moves onto ABS scan. At this point it tells me I'm not a registered VAG-COM user and bombs out! Is this because I need to purchase VAG-COM license? I thought that you could read fault codes and reset them with this version but could not modify anything. I may have the worng end of the stick tho! Would appreciate any help. Any one else had this issue?

bnor-cupra

Thanks for your response! That explains all! Off to buy a licence then I guess! I have a slow coolant leak from somewhere, thought it might come up with something on VAG-COM. Appreciate the response! Thanks!