Aux port?

Scully

Mar 11, 2007
Whetstone
Hey, why is it on some pics of the MK5 the Aux. port is under a flap, near the other buttons, but some cars have the aux. ports next to the cigarette lighter??

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
i have seen these photos.The AUX port is with the other buttons, i dont know what the other is. When i get my ibiza i will see what it is.

Scully

Mar 11, 2007
Whetstone
Strange maybe its the European spec cars that have the Aux by the Lighter, and the U.K spec cars have it next to the other buttons!

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
I drove a european spec car (i am not from uk) and had the aux port with the other buttons, and the cars on these photos are european spec. Its really strange,maybe it depends on the version of the car. I drove a 1.4 and the pics had the 1.6 and the fr.I get my fr in some days and i will post pics.

yusuf_1977

I drove a european spec car (i am not from uk) and had the aux port with the other buttons, and the cars on these photos are european spec. Its really strange,maybe it depends on the version of the car. I drove a 1.4 and the pics had the 1.6 and the fr.I get my fr in some days and i will post pics.

hi guys i see the cars here are fully equipped so there is nowhere to put it i guess all the buttons full.

Last edited:

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
That may be true, but the car i drove had the same buttons and the aux was next to them. But i remember it had no climate control just A/C and the cars in these pics have climate control so this might be the solution.

Last edited:

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
http://i44.tinypic.com/28hgy87.jpg
Climate control and aux with other buttons so what i said above is not correct

If this is the 1.4 version then the others have the aux next to thr lighter

added; It is the 1.6 version.
Engine, color, euro or UK spec, climate control are not criteria for the aux. Any ideas ?

Last edited:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Engine, color, euro or UK spec, climate control are not criteria for the aux. Any ideas ?

Time of build? maybe they started off with it in one place then redesigned it and moved it to the other?
Maybe before the siesta it's in position a, then, a few tequila's later it gets put in position b

those crazy spaniards, maybe it's a lottery, of whatever gets pulled out of the parts bin

CraigSEAT

Hi, This only happens when a car is ordered with a USB adapter, so they can be both added as one, hope this clears a few things up.

Cheers
Craig

JenningsSEAT

Scully

Mar 11, 2007
Whetstone
Hi, This only happens when a car is ordered with a USB adapter, so they can be both added as one, hope this clears a few things up.

Cheers
Craig

JenningsSEAT

SO, when you order the USB adaptor, the AUX port moves from the button area to the area near the cigarette lighter??

Busta

Sep 13, 2009
Easy...USB adaptor is next to the ciggarette lighter...aux is nearby buttons....some cars don's have smokers' package , so they have a cap over the whole(12V plug,usually used for the lighter)...

ian-mac

This is confusing..crazy fools!!!

The AUX is under a cap down beside the buttons. If you order with the USB iPod Connection, this is beside the 12V socket.

Busta is rite !!

Ian Mac

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
In most new cupra, they forgot to install the aux port !!!! So many do not have neither aux nor usb. There must be a recall soon to fix this.

divetrucker

Just bought a feb '10 ibiza Cupra and it has the aux port under the flap beside the switches but I don't see a USB port.

Am I not looking in the right place, or is it possible the car doesn't have a USB port? If it doesn't have USB port, how do I get my iphone to play through the stereo? The phone is already paired through bluetooth.

Thnks

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 23, 2010
Here
Just bought a feb '10 ibiza Cupra and it has the aux port under the flap beside the switches but I don't see a USB port.

Am I not looking in the right place, or is it possible the car doesn't have a USB port? If it doesn't have USB port, how do I get my iphone to play through the stereo? The phone is already paired through bluetooth.

Thnks

Unlikely yo have USB, they put it in a different place when coupled with the USB.

divetrucker

So...if I dont have a USB port, how to connect iphone to stereo?

I guess I need to get a cable that will connect a cable to the aux port...connected to the headphone socket on the phone? Where to get the cable?

Thnx

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.