aux socket on centre console

shaunw

Apr 13, 2007
HANTS
Been looking throught the manual and can't find an answer so I'll ask you guys:)

I think I know the answer but want to make sure. I'm presuming I can buy an IPod, connect to the aux socket, select aux on the head unit and play music through the stereo? I'm a bit of an IPod virgin

By the way, just changed the stock crappy speakers with Infinity 652-7is as per the 'another speaker thread'. Sounds far better and goes far louder. Infinity must be wondering why their 652s have become so popular all of a sudden judging by the amount of people on the forum that have done this mod:happy:

acidslice

cant wait to get mine grrrr..... changing speakers aswell.... good idea

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Been looking throught the manual and can't find an answer so I'll ask you guys:)

I think I know the answer but want to make sure. I'm presuming I can buy an IPod, connect to the aux socket, select aux on the head unit and play music through the stereo? I'm a bit of an IPod virgin

happy:

correct, but theres no benefit of having an ipod over any other mp3 player (ie cheaper & easier to use as a mass storage device), or walkman type phone. control is via the ipod/mp3 player/phone in all cases and no additional information is displayed.

my advice to a 'ipod virgin'. buy a cheap mp3 player and try it. then opt for a better (re more expensive) player if you think youll get anything out of it.

i use my w850i and it is excellent at what it does, its also seamless with the bluetooth option (another must have option imho)

chippenhamwilts

Mar 31, 2007
Or you could buy a tomtom 910 and have: - Sat nav, Hands free and MP3 player all at the same time (literally). The directions and MP3 come through the speakers and hands free through the tomtom. Its spot on and WAY cheaper than factory sat nav.

Xe

Using the aux socket you have to use the iPod to change tracks, rendering the steering wheels controls useless except for volume and the mute button. Also read the aux socket does not produce great audio results, but should be OK.

Good luck.

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
Halfords, about £6.00.

Tips:- Get an MP3 player with a 'line-out' option via the headphone socket and switch it to that when you want to use it in the car via the Aux socket.

Set the 'Aux' volume to 0 (Zero) on the head unit as 'line' volume is very, VERY loud.

This cuts out any background hiss from the source (MP3 player).

Also, try and get an MP3 player with an EQ (equaliser) option. Play with the settings to compensate for the stock speakers' limitations.

Using 'Line-out' and the EQ settings on 'Jazz' on my Sony NW-A3000 makes the sound quality very, very good (better than the HU's CD player) in my car. And that is with the stock Leon speakers.

If you use the 'Line-out', remember to set it back to the normal headphones option before using 'phones or ear-buds, or you'll knacker their tiny speakers.

toNes

Jun 26, 2007
London
TBH I don't really see the point of the AUX jack for iPod connection....... the CD plays mp3s so all I've done is burnt all my favourite tracks onto a CD (roughly 150 at 192k quality) and job done.....

It's annoying having to fiddle with the iPod to skip tracks you don't like or don't want to hear.

Plus who listens to 4 gigs worth of music during an average road trip?!? :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise