Back in a Seat - Gezmeister's Seat Ibiza MK2 GTI Cupra Sport

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
What Arun posted, it crystalises on the face, so causes a strong barrier.

Lasts for 12months (but some have said longer).

Expensive, but none of the others on sale do a fraction of protecting they do :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
So it would only need applying once a year? What about on a polished wheel? Think i'd be worrying about the protective layer disappearing, i'd probably be re-applying it every 2 months for piece of mind :lol:

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
So it would only need applying once a year? What about on a polished wheel? Think i'd be worrying about the protective layer disappearing, i'd probably be re-applying it every 2 months for piece of mind :lol:

I would apply a couple of coats, then apply every few months. I do, probably a little ott but at least you then know they're protected :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
No arun, never apply a couple of coats.

As it crystalises, you want the thinnest coat you can get onto it.
"Ashley" an awesome detailer from near me (found him from ed38) he said to me to use the make-up pads women use to put on foundation, and you want to put on the smallest coat but smoothest (not thick in one place, thin in the other) as when it crystalises it will be visible (not blatant, but still will) and he was right tbh.

And you will know when they are not working dude, also if they did wear out earlier, just get some polish, and polish up ;) simple lol

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Small update:

Purchased and fitted aero wiper blades all round. Huge improvement, but then i expected that, as my standard wipers were shite :)

Also been having some engine issues ie engine cutting out recently, so the ibiza will be getting the following items in the next few days

New dizzy cap
New rotor arm
New Plugs
New HT leads
Oil filter
Oil change
Fuel filter
K+N panel filter cleaned
Throttle body de-gunked

And if that little lot doesn't cure it

New Coil
New Crank sensor

And if all that doesn't cure, then f*ck knows :lol:

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Hey Gez, how did you clean out the throttle body? Fancy taking mine out and giving it a clean tbh, notice much difference, along with the K&N?

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Hey bud,

Havn't actually cleaned it out yet, but looks like 4 allen key bolts iirc, disconnect intsake pipe and plug (if it has one, can't remember) and then lift out and clean with a good de-greaser. Mine had the k+n on from when i bought it, but if you look at it this way - air comes through the air feed pipe, then through the filter, intake pipe, throttle body, intake manifold etc. The less restrictions you have, the easier the car breathes. Carbon deposits that build up over time hinder the progress of the air, so removing them is going to go a long way to helping the air get to where its going quicker and easier

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
Few pics i had with a few mates on Sunday

IMG_2817.jpg

what a stunning colour :D ;)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Here we are, my new wheels

15" Enzo Cups

7" wide, ET35, on 195/50/15 tyres

Picture265.jpg

Picture266.jpg

Picture267.jpg

Picture268.jpg

Last pic shows how much the rear wheels are still hiding in those arches. Looking at fitting either 15mm or 20mm spacers at the rear, and maybe 5mm at the front

Comments welcome :D

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
As much as i hate to admit it, you're right! I'm saving for a holiday to Florida next year, so coilovers will be out of the question til im back, and might have got rid of the car by then :lol:

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
It looks a really nice original example. I'd sell the enzos for funds, put the originals back on and def. Keep it!

Instead of the euro look how about the motorsport look with some suitable 16"s

Last edited:

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Can't stand the standard wheels, so no chance of them going back on. Only just got the wheels, so will be keeping them for now. Maybe gonna spray them a different colour though

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Have to admit, the originals look pretty ugly. DC, bless him, he's just put the wheels on! They look different, but does need dropping to sit on them properly I reckon... Looks a bit high there. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.