Back to basics: Opening the door!

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
I am going to look at a V5 tomorrow and apparently the first thing I will notice is that the drivers door won't open. As I am not really big on the 'Dukes of Hazard' entry method.:p
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to what the problem might be.

I had wondered if something might be a miss, like an unwanted entry!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
erm, i would be very warey if the door doesnt open. Could have been in a shunt and body might be out of shape.

Or.

Perhaps lock is jammed?

Hopefully someone on here with a toledo can confirm for you. The leon fuse box is on the end of the dash between door and dash, which means you cant get to it if door is jammed shut. If it is the same on the toledo u will have to cut the dash open to get to the fuses if its the C/L fuse!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh i would just inspect it all over, especially around the door. Make sure the C/L works and see if you can hear the lock mechanism working in the door.

I am guessing tho.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
We tried to fix a door lock prob on my tolly, only to put it back together and the door jam shut LOCKED!!
OH MY GOD what a Bi**h of a job that was to get open again.....Be VERY weary of a door that doesnt open!

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
Well nothing to be too weary of at the mo as the dealer didn't bother turning up today :censored: 200 mile round trip for nothing

How did you get the door open in the end? :confused:

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
Sam20v said:
We tried to fix a door lock prob on my tolly, only to put it back together and the door jam shut LOCKED!!
OH MY GOD what a Bi**h of a job that was to get open again.....Be VERY weary of a door that doesnt open!

Good advice Sam, we went to look at this v5 today. Thay had "fixed" the door, so that the door opened, aparently it was the central locking. However the side effect of this was..........

1. Neither of the front door would lock from the central door lock button. The door knobs kept popping up.

and

2. The drivers door wouldn't lock from the outside when you plipped the alarm. So it wasn't secure at all. How can people sell cars like this. :confused:

Spurs and Ten Gallon hats at the ready!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members