Benzys TDI FR

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
5acf7ad1-48f4-e98f.jpg

Here's just a quick phone picture of her lowered now :) really loving the stance!

85DanSmith

Jan 6, 2012
Cambs PE19
Hello mate.
I think I may of seen you in St. Neots last week! If it was you I loved what you have done to your car. Ive got a red ibiza and I wanted to do all the black parts that you have done. Seeing you car has made me get my arse into gear and get it done! Do you no off any local meets?
Cheers
Dan

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Hi bud ye that was probably me, I live just outside st Neots. Thanks for the comments, I'll have to keep an eye out for u, give me a flash next time me. I don't no of any meets other than the mk one but i ain't been in about a year. Im well up for finding a more local one tho

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
It's wrapped, I got it done by a bloke in mk, he did a great job of it, only took an hour and was by far the cheapest I could find

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
5c28fe52-2d65-a731.jpg
5c28fe52-2d78-cfcf.jpg

The splitter is completed and fitted :) for more pics u can c the btcc splitter thread

All comments welcome

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
Very nice, how you finding it run with the dpf removal and remap, what figures is it running now and any pros cons?? Running smokey etc?

Last edited:

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Very nice, how you finding it run with the dpf removal and remap, what figures is it running now and any pros cons?? Running smokey etc?

Thanks man. I haven't had the Dpf removed yet, sorry if its a bit unclear. It's on the cards for the not so distant future tho. Need to put in the overtime first. I'm looking at taking it to p-torque as Iv read a lot about them and they seem to offer a great service.

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
ah kk no that was me just being stupid now reading it up properly, dying to give the car a good detail but its been too damp and iv had no dry days off work so il get my own build thread up once i get a few decent pics

does your new headunit work with the steering wheel controls?

Last edited:

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
off shift today so i thought i would do a few little bits of tinkering with the car.

to start with i took the front grill off as i had originally vinyl wrapped the front S badge and i wanted to spray it to make it a bit neater. so i managed to get it all apart after a lot of nervous swearing :p

P1233038_zps7ea381d1.jpg

painted the S in super gloss black

P1233042_zps35304111.jpg

and thought i would spray the little prongs red to make the badge stand out a little bit so i taped it up and painted it

P1233044_zps282d6904.jpg

then i thought i would go to work on the engine cover to spice up the engine bay. so i removed the centre bit and sprayed that gloss red and the surround gloss black (i no its already black but i think in gloss it will look better)

P1233039_zps3fa88292.jpg

plan is to do the raised TDI lettering in white once the red has properly hardened.

i will post a picture up as soon as its all dry enough to reassemble :)

i managed to trash the little seat badge on the engine cover in the process of removing it tho :( so i need a new one, any one know how much they cost and if there is other designs and colours?

P1233040_zps9e858b93.jpg

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
engine cover is finished and rebuilt, only need to spray the TDI bit white now but im gonna leave that for another day

before

IMAG0362_zps5a37cfea.jpg

after

P1233045_zps3e75f1b2.jpg

its dark now so the picture aint that great but im happy with the results :D wot u all think

that smash looks nuts!

nice leon though, i've got a thing for red seats, love what you've done with the engine cover, have you considered wrapping the tdi badges? i wrapped the tsi ones on my boc the other day:
BB9F8D40-D367-4FD5-9C9E-AE0EDC1281FC-950-000000755FC69334.jpg

looks a bit messy in the picture, but it's mainly just some glue residue

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
thanks guys

i like the ride, its pretty firm which i like but it is a bit crashy when you hit a pot hole. i love the stance it gives tho and theres no way i could afford coilys at the moment. i would recommend the sportlines over the pro lines every day of the week.

im a massive boc fan :) theres a lad near me who i cant resist having a play with every time i see him...no idea who he is tho haha

i like that wrapped, looks really good! one of the better carbon effect ones i have seen. i thought about wrapping the entire thing but wasnt sure how the vinyl would react with the heat coming from the engine directly below it. i might give it a go and see, can always just rip it off if it dont work

im a massive boc fan :) theres a lad near me who i cant resist having a play with every time i see him...no idea who he is tho haha

i like that wrapped, looks really good! one of the better carbon effect ones i have seen. i thought about wrapping the entire thing but wasnt sure how the vinyl would react with the heat coming from the engine directly below it. i might give it a go and see, can always just rip it off if it dont work[/QUOTE]

haha i've not had mines for long! only about 5 weeks. been loving every second of it though! had a red mk4 ibiza fr 1.8t before it. loved the colour of it.

cheers! :D

only took about 10 minutes, I often get carried away wrapping stuff, think its so fun to do lol!

hmmm, doing the badge alone on the cover you'd be ok, i thought about doing the whole of mines but was worried about the heat affecting it too!

ps, really like the black roof also, mines was meant to be getting done on monday there, but i had to cancel it, hopefully getting it done on friday now, along with the rear diffuser. gloss black of course :D do you mind me asking how much it was for yours?