Bit confused

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
Thinking of getting a new exhaust for my lcr. What are the benefits of having a cat back or a full system.
I want it to be a bit more rasper but not over noisy.
And which are the best.

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Only benefit of cat back is the new sound and look if you get a different tip. The performance benefit comes from a bigger downpipe and high flow cat/decat.

I have a full blueflame exhaust which is awesome quality, and sounds awesome (see readers ride for sound clip) but only loud when you firmly press the go pedal. Otherwise with normal driving it's hardly any louder than OEM system. The customer service is second to none too.

I hear Milltek are highly rated too.

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
yeah im going for a blue flame system i prefer the look of the tail pipe compared to the miltek sadly i can't afford the system yet but hopefully in the next few months!

Tagsy87

Aug 25, 2008
Central Scotland
i have the blueflame downpipe and decat on a standard exhaust while i save for the cat back and havent had any problems. i only did it like this as my downpipe had snapped at the top

warren_cox

Back from the dead
In 2005 I changed the OEM exhaust for a Milltek cat back and 100 cell race cat:

DSC_4061.JPG

If you look at the various components of the exhaust, they all look a bit better made:

DSC_4057.JPG

DSC_4058.JPG

DSC_4060.JPG

However, I made the killer mistake and didn't add the DP when all this was changed :doh:

To be absolutely frank, it was boomier on motorways, and in this configuration added very little other than sound over the OEM pipework.

Personally, I'd start with a DP and cat and sleeve the OEM cat back on, then change that bit when it fails.