Black alloys? Ypur thoughts pls

kev2477

thinking of getting my alloys refurbed and sprayed matt or gloss black to my luna grey k1.

what are your thoughts please.........

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Black looks miles better than silver on those wheels.

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Black wheels look lush on most cars.........

CleanedED30pics24032009048a.jpg

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
I think they look better when they contrast against a lighter colour.

I'd like black wheels but with an inferni black cupra i think a dark matt or gloss grey might look better. Seen an E90 M3 with some - looked real nice...

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Ye thats the sort of colour i like. Think the OEM ones are supposed to be anthracite but not quite dark enough...just.

May 13, 2007
dont do it everyones got on the black alloy bandwagon
would be nice to see something different like anthracite
blacks becoming far too common

dave mac

Nov 28, 2007
I'm aiming to go black gloss, seen a few luna gray's with black wheels - look wicked

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
Personally I'm not a fan of black wheels, you can't see where the wheel ends and tyre starts on some or you get a nice shiny wheel and then a dull tyre colour surronding it.
I think Anthracite gives a better contrast between wheel and tyre.

Plut 220

Does anyone know any decent places to get ur wheels done then and roughly how much would this cost.

I've had black wheels on virtually all of my cars lol!

Gloss black I think looks a bit cheap... and as someone said above, unless you constantly coat your tyres in tyre shine the shiny/grey rubber contrast looks bad!

Matt black just looks a bit dirty...

So the solution is Satin black :D had that finish on my mk3 cupra wheels, caught the light just nicely, but didn't look totally shiny!

Alnitak

Jun 28, 2009
Oxford
I was planning to go for black Orion's when I ordered my Candy White FR TDi a few weeks ago, but then decided to go with the Ibera 18s instead.

Partly this was because M1 already had a car coming into stock with the Iberas on it so I could get my car quicker.

The other part was because I got to see some photos of the Orions on a Candy White and I'm afraid they just looked like wheels with missing hub caps...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.