Black Magic Touch Up

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Hi Jace.

IIRC there are about 15 different Black Magics for the VAG group. I noticed this when I had a 100ml pot mixed up for me, and we went through the swatch book.

Also IIRC you live close to where I work (leicestershire), and I still have the remains of that 100ml (about 99ml :rolleyes:)pot in my garage. As I'm changing cars first thing in the new year, and the new car is a different colour, I no longer have a need for the remaining paint, your welcome to it.

As it happens I'm in Brum for the next couple of days aswell, so maybe sort something out there.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Hi Jace.

IIRC there are about 15 different Black Magics for the VAG group. I noticed this when I had a 100ml pot mixed up for me, and we went through the swatch book.

Also IIRC you live close to where I work (leicestershire), and I still have the remains of that 100ml (about 99ml :rolleyes:)pot in my garage. As I'm changing cars first thing in the new year, and the new car is a different colour, I no longer have a need for the remaining paint, your welcome to it.

As it happens I'm in Brum for the next couple of days aswell, so maybe sort something out there.

"C9Z" is what comes up for a 57 plate FR "Black Magic"

If only I'd read the forum before popping out to the SEAT dealer at lunch:(, oh well its only £7.32 .

Cheers for the offer though, what part of town you working ?

stuart86

Mar 14, 2006
West London
www.britishmods.com
carefull when touching up black magic paint work

because of the different flips/colours in the paint it can look terrible. i'd only use it if the area your touching up is tiny tiny or out of sight

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Do you mean Fire station Island, with the overpass ??, one up from the Big Mataland ?

If you come down the A38 from Spagetti it's the second turn off, but I take the first turn off and go past the now demolished HP factory.

This offer is open to anyone needing some Black Magic touch up. I don't need it anymore, so if you want it it yours, bearing in mind that it is in a bodyshop mixing pot, so not postable.

I live in Lincoln and work near Leicester (coalville area) so if you are fom either of those area's give me a pm and we can sort something out.

matthewbentham

Cupra averaged 41mpg once
With black magic paint, it doesnt matter which shade you use for small touch-ups (e.g door edges) it only matters when you start spraying. My previous car was in Black magic and I used some leftover Audi black paint (which wasnt black magic) to do some chips on my door egdes and unless you got a microscope out, you wouldn't really see any difference. I do small paint repairs for a living so I know what to look for.

yak00

Car's been damaged by some idiot at he car park who typically didn't leave any details.
Have a small dent on the rear wheel arch and a scratch.
* Does someone know how much a dealer is likely to charge ?
* Will I be able to pick up a touch up pen from the dealers today (Sunday)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Car's been damaged by some idiot at he car park who typically didn't leave any details.
Have a small dent on the rear wheel arch and a scratch.
* Does someone know how much a dealer is likely to charge ?
* Will I be able to pick up a touch up pen from the dealers today (Sunday)

Don't you just hate that!...

Check where you parked has CCTV cameras, if so it might be worth seeing if it was caught on them.

As for cost of repair, sorry dont know.

A paint pen is available from parts, parts dont open on sundays :(

yak00

Unfortunately I didn't notice the damage till around two weeks later, car needed a wash !..

Will I be able to pick up touch up pen on weekdays after 6pm ? nearest dealer is 15miles away, so would have to book some time off work ..

images ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Really depends what time the dealers open until, most shut at 6 afaik.

Give the dealer a call see what they can do for you, either that or pop over in your lunch hour..?

matthewbentham

Cupra averaged 41mpg once
dents on wheelarches can be a problem due to them being 'double-skinned'. also if the dent goes across the feature line of the arch then it's even more difficult. The best thing to (besides claim on insurance) is to get your yellow pages (or www.yell.com) go to car body repairs, and give as many people call as you want to get a price for the work. Then try to haggle by saying you'll pay cash etc.
hope this helps a bit
Matt

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members