Bluetooth phone book

flashp

Jul 1, 2008
I'd like some advice on this...I have downloaded my phone's phonebook (PB) to the car no problem. However...when I use voice commands it says the PB is empty. Even when you try and delete an entry. How do you tell it to store numbers?

I read somewhere something about entries requiring voice tags before voice control will work and let you store numbers?????

Am I also correct in thinking that the car downloads the SIM PB rather than the PB stored on the phone?

I've tidied up the contents of the PB on my phone and set the SIM as the default PB. All I think I need to do is to re-pair my phone with the car in order to force a fresh download of the PB. Correct? Or do I need to pair another phone?

I can see that this very good when sorted, but I feel that there may be some vital info missing from the Comms handbook.

Normal use is ok...but the real cherry on top here is voice control.

Any advice gratefully received!

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
If you press the voice control button it gives you help if you give it a few seconds.... I think its seperate to the normal phone book you say a voice command then say the number from memory...

I know all I do now is

Press the button

Say "Dial name"

Say "Wench"

and it phones the missus!

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
To use voice activation to make a call, you have to program the car to call a number. It will record the name first and then you enter the number by say 077 etc.

If you press the voice activation on your steering wheel and say the command 'help' it will list all options, i think the one you need is 'store number' but i could be wrong.

When you dial the number it will hook upto the phone and it will show dialing the name as in your phonebook on your phone.

Hope that makes sense.

SEATgod

The above is correct, the in car voice tags are not the same as your in phone voice tags!

You program the Bluetooth control module with the name and number, then when you say the name it only uses the phone to make the call - the information for the in car voice tags is not in the phone!

Also, a little tip......dont just say "store" as directed in the manual....say "store name"

A bit of experience with this!! ;-)

flashp

Jul 1, 2008
Thanks guys...manual deffinitely a bit light on info in places. Sorted now. :clap: