Bodywork wax on alloys?

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hi

I am thinking of taking each wheel off tomorrow to thoroughly clean them (waxed the car last weekend)

I dont have any poorboys wheel sealant, but I do have lots of poorboys natty blue paste wax.

Is it ok to use the Nattys wax on the wheels instead? i dont see any reason why not?

What different chemicals are in the poorboys wheel sealant if anyone knows?

Thanks for your help :)

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hi Jace, yeah I saw your Poorboys wheels sealant test, just haven't got round to ordering it yet.

I reckon the two products are actually fairly similar, both are their to protect the metal :)

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Anything will be better than nothing. Nattys and NXT are not at all durable and so would need to be done every week.
Poorboys Wheel Sealant is designed to with stand the high temeratures of brake dust and should make cleaning much easier. My wheels have 3 or 4 coats of wheel sealant and the most they need is soapy water to get them clean. Wheel cleaners and APC will remove Nattys and NXT almost immediately and will not do any good for a wheel sealant.

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Ok thanks for that, I only ever use warm water to remove brake dust, car basically doesnt do enough miles.

Wheel sealant is preferable then, due to higher temps, need to buy some soon then, rained too often this weekend to get round to do them anyway.

Thanks everyone :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.