Boost hose locations? Silicone upgrade

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
can anyone tell me where the elbow in forges 5 piece silicone boost hose kit goes? I've sussed out the other 4 and just unsure of the 90 deg elbow's location. (is it under the bonnet or inside the wing with the IC piping?) cheers guys for any help.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeas as above.....You'll prob need to undo the 4 bolts and take both the half moon clamps off to fit it but its not a hard job :)

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
can anyone tell me where the elbow in forges 5 piece silicone boost hose kit goes? I've sussed out the other 4 and just unsure of the 90 deg elbow's location. (is it under the bonnet or inside the wing with the IC piping?) cheers guys for any help.

I've just got this too. If you could post pics of where the pieces actually go, I would be really grateful. :)

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Cheers for your help guys!

My mate had a spare THS branded kit knocking about, which he never ended up fitting before he sold his car, so I took these off his hands, rather than buying the forge ones. Fitted them this morning. Took about an hour overall.

Hamzilla, I have marked on the below photo the hoses which are replaced, with a red dot. The arrow points to the foil heatshied, which is easily removed to reveal the 4th piece in the kit and the 5th piece is the straight section and this goes inside the drivers wheelarch, between the pancake pipe and SMIC.

IMG00115-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
Jonesy118, many thanks for your helpful picture. Sorry its late but I've only attempted this now the weather is reasonable.

However I'm stuck on the 4th piece, elbow shape in front of heatshield. The Forge replacement is very very tight. After much time and effort I can manage to slide it on one side but when twisting and turning it to fit to the other it pops off again.

Has anyone fitted this and know of a particular method to fit it or is the part too tight and something Forge should be able to replace with a more forgiving one?

Luke20vT

Apr 8, 2010
Oxford
Out of interest mate, how much did you pay for your Forge set? I'm looking on the SFS Performance site at hose packs but they dont have a price up :(

Luke.

babi

the dump is up sidedown its not good for the turbo (beckpressure)

xr2turbo

Nov 30, 2009
norfolk
i fitted some last weekend, didnt fit the short 1 as i didnt notice it in the box til i tidied up, maybe next time, didnt see where it went either
ill be putting my other set in the for sale secrion in a bit, i got 2 boost instead of boost and water
brand new samco in box
DSCF9185.jpg

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
Yeas as above.....You'll prob need to undo the 4 bolts and take both the half moon clamps off to fit it but its not a hard job :)

What are these 4 bolts and half moon clips? The oem elbow is attached using jubilles either end.
Is it possible to undo one of the two metal pipes it connects in between to give more room when fitting?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
What are these 4 bolts and half moon clips? The oem elbow is attached using jubilles either end.
Is it possible to undo one of the two metal pipes it connects in between to give more room when fitting?

The half moon clamps hold the charge pipe on you can't miss them :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
You have the turbo and exhaust coming off the manifold....and obviously the head.

The small part of silicon elbow goes to turbo the other side to the charge pipe.

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
I have fitted the S pipe that fits to the throttle body but there is a kink, where its bends down. Has anyone else fitted this on an LC and has a better technique to fit this?

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
4684365451_c2ea57dfaa_b.jpg

I have found two bolts on the metal pipe to the very left of it but although one is easy to remove, the other is way down and behind. Are these the bolts I need to remove?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Can you not just undo both the jubilee clips and swap the pipe over?

Looking at that pic it looks easy to do without loosening the charge pipe.

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
No, as I've mentioned in post #7, the Forge one is very tight so although it will fit on the horizontal pipe, it wont fit onto the vertical without coming off the other side and vice versa.
I might try putting it in hot water to soften up but I don't think this will make enough difference tbh.

If someone can take a picture of the two bolts to be removed on the charge pipe that will confirm to me that its worth the hassle at least to try that again, in case I'm not looking at the right bolts.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
There are only 2 brackets that hold the pipe to the back of the block, each one of these has 2 bolts.........you can't miss the brackets.