brake fade

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
hi folks, over the last couple of days my brakes have been SH1T3, after driving the car "briskly" for a few miles i get severe brake fade, i am unsure wheather i have boiled the brake fluid previously and now it isnt working as it used to, or i have fecked the brake pads? any ideas folks.

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Yeah my brakes were pretty grim before replacing them. They should have performed much better than they did and after inspecting them the pads looked very tired although not worn right down.
David at SERE motors on here can supply OEM pads at great prices. Changing the fluid wouldnt do any harm either. Could be a opportunity to get some performance pads maybe?;)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
if you are B-road blasting,then i would change fluid and pads.some super dot 4 and ferrodo ds2500 would sort you out ,and cost well over £100,but you can't put a price on brakes.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
I've noticed brake fade to after during some brisk driving which include some hard braking, but that should hopefully be a thing of the past when i get my brembo kit in about 2-5 weeks(depending on when brembo can ship them over). The standard brakes are very good for normal driving but go off a little after sustained sessions.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
If I keep my car, I will look to get lightweight discs at some point if you are keen to do the same.

PS - Gies a phone min.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
my breaks are fading im due a 2 year service in which break fluid gets changed and could do with some uprated disks and pads just wondering what over set ups and recommendations people have thanks.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members