Brake pedal switch

Jun 2, 2023
Good evening gents
As above I'm wondering where peoples brake pedals switches are located.
And before you all go durrrrr apparently if they aren't above your brake pedal then they are located under your master cylinder in the engine bay.
Now I have checked both and I still cannot seem to locate said switch.
Can someone please point me in the right direction.
Oh I've looked on etka parts list and it's a listed part for my 2008 mk2 leon fr so I'm not going mad.
Many thanks matt

Robbo86

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Not sure if this will help (took it from my workshop manual). If not, what part number did you find and I'll search the manual for that?
WB Extract.JPG

Jun 2, 2023
Thanks for the reply mate
Can I ask what year your leon is if you don't mind please?
The part number for mine I foind was for the switch above the pedal and it was the plunger switch.
And I cant find a switch above the pedal so I will check from the image you have sent which is very helpful thank you

Robbo86

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Mines a 2009 but the Pre-Facelift (09 not 59). I haven't checked mine to see if there is a switch behind the pedal, I just looked at the service manual this morning. This is the service manual for the MK2 which confused me when it said about the switch in vehicles manufactured prior to week 45/05. That to me suggests the MK1 (week 45 of 2005 is how I took it). There is a section before this about the switch used prior to 45/05 but it only has a picture of the plunger switch alone, not in situ...
WB Extract 2.JPG

Robbo86

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Just found another diagram, states its specifically for LHD (nothing for RHD, helpful) but it shows the switch isn't behind the pedal but actually at the front. Number 3 on the diagram
WB Extract 3.JPG

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.