braking help

Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
i don't think im in a position to fork out for a full 312mm brake setup just yet, but wondering if theres another option to help me sort out my FR's under-par braking.
Do i look at some EBC pads (green or red) and see if that makes a difference? Or has anyone done something diferent to improve?

Thurman

Jan 28, 2008
i don't think im in a position to fork out for a full 312mm brake setup just yet, but wondering if theres another option to help me sort out my FR's under-par braking.
Do i look at some EBC pads (green or red) and see if that makes a difference? Or has anyone done something diferent to improve?

Keep it standard and save a few more pennies for the full 312mm set up. Just changing the pads and not the discs imo won't see great improvements. You could of course upgrade the discs AND pads ;)

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Changing pads will make more difference than changing the discs. Discs will usually outlive the pads unless they have been abused. Also make sure your fluid is changed every 12 months to get the best braking with what you have.

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Try invesing in Ferodo DS2500 pads, they are ment to be excellent (so much so ive just bought a set). the EBC green stuff are too soft for the car, the red and yellow are ment to be much better, but not as good as the ferodo, however they are cheaper.

One of the reasons I havent gone for the 312mm setup is due to the insurance costs.

Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
thats what i mean, i dont want the outlay at the moment.
can you get ds2500 pads for my 288mm brakes?
the fluid should be fresh, the cars 2 years old, and had 2 services so i assume brake fluid is checked.

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Yep, you can get DS2500 for your brakes - theyre the same as mine. I paid £118 + VAT from Bill at badger 5 for them.

Fluid should have been changed at the 2 year point, but I would check on your invoice.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Yep, you can get DS2500 for your brakes - theyre the same as mine. I paid £118 + VAT from Bill at badger 5 for them.

Fluid should have been changed at the 2 year point, but I would check on your invoice.

I need new front pads, do these last a while nick?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
I havent got mine fitted yet, but from what people have said they should last as long or longer than OEM pads.

Cool, I`m after something that lasts. Like Truss I`ve been looking at ebc redstuff as I like the idea of less brake dust but as long as they don`t give off MORE I`ll be happy.
(and bite better than standard) :D

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
As I understand it, the redstuff are better than standard, but not nearly as good as the ferodo. I also think they wear faster as well - but thats just what ive heard, not experienced. Speak to Bill at Badger5 on here if you want more info. He'll be happy to help and would get you a good price on any pads/disks you may want.

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
slight hi-jacking of your thread, but how many miles should a set of brake pads last?

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
my lastset lasted about 30K miles. They still had a bit left on them though. I have had fun in the car since ive had it (15K) but I dont know how the previous owner treated it. It depends a lot on your driving style.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.