Breaking parts help

Exinferris

Jun 6, 2012
Suffolk
Yep! We seriously need to sort this problem of parts out. Perhaps we should all get together and source parts for our Mk1s worldwide and get them shipped over and have them stored somewhere.. crazy idea ?
Start a MK1’s UK parts depot 👍🏻 What I don’t understand is why there aren’t any parts at all? Surely even though they’ve discontinued them there would be a surplus of the left over old stock items still around. They didn’t discontinue and destroy them all did they!

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Start a MK1’s UK parts depot 👍🏻 What I don’t understand is why there aren’t any parts at all? Surely even though they’ve discontinued them there would be a surplus of the left over old stock items still around. They didn’t discontinue and destroy them all did they!
Good question. Personally I blame all the boy racers that modded these beyond belief and put them on a course of extinction 🦤
As a result, hardly any demand worthy of stocks and any surplus sold off very quickly. Now, us small community of Mk1 lovers are now faced with this issue.
Furthermore, if we have a prang, our insurance company will not even be able to find a garage that will stock parts, what then?

Exinferris

Jun 6, 2012
Suffolk
Good question. Personally I blame all the boy racers that modded these beyond belief and put them on a course of extinction 🦤
As a result, hardly any demand worthy of stocks and any surplus sold off very quickly. Now, us small community of Mk1 lovers are now faced with this issue.
Furthermore, if we have a prang, our insurance company will not even be able to find a garage that will stock parts, what then?
Exactly, it beggars belief that a car that is so popular and loved had its spare parts discontinued. 20 years old for a car is noting nowadays is it.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
So true and I guess parts like panels etc can be fabricated in no time with the technology we have now adays but one offs will cost so much. These engines are exceptional and will go for a long time so we are going to need parts for the vehicles we have come to love and maintain so well.