bridging outputs of head units

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i have asked kenwood the same question, awaiting a reply...thought id put the question to the panel of experts here:)

it's a kenwood KDC-M6021G head unit, 55w per chan peak 17w rms output.

so 1 set of rca out is now going to the amp, meaning only 2 of the 4 channels from the head unit are working, on the rear speakers.

can i bridge the 4 outputs of this head unit to drive just the rear speakers, which might mean temporarily (till i want moooooore) i can upgrade the rears and drive them from just the head unit bridged?

was thinking this could maybe give me 30w rms to the rears, but i don't know if amps have to be specifically designed for the bridge configuration, or if they do it just cos that's how amps work, or something.

tnks

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
the amps will boost power to the speakers so no need to do this, rca are low imput anyway so makes no difference to the amp

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
so if 2 of the outputs from the head unit aren't being used because of the third party amp on the rca's, the rear channels will automatically be boosted/bridged...?

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
no, rca are low output from the stereo, low input to the amp is fine and the amp will boost the speaker output to whatever power it is on the amp.

do you not have a sub out?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise