cambelt

Pete5956

Hi,

Could anyone tell me where i can get a full camblet change (tensioner,pump etc) for my PD130 in the York area, for a reasonable price?
I was quoted about £450 buy SEAT, and £300 from an independent garage in York!

Thanks Peter

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
£300 from an independent garage doesn't sound too bad. Genuine parts come to roughly £100, so £200 for labour isn't bad as it's quite a labour intensive job.

Deleted member 13581

£300 sounds like a good deal to me. I would have booked it in there and then. :lol:

Domino

I paid £200 for mine, but that because the garage did it when I bought the car. He did explain how they tend to rip you off on labor but was my choice. so £300 sounds great, just ask to make sure its genuine parts and not some parts off ebay from china.

for £4350, I got a 04, Ibiza SE with only 49k miles and full seat dealer service history - Happiest car I've had since.

robv160

Hi,

Could anyone tell me where i can get a full camblet change (tensioner,pump etc) for my PD130 in the York area, for a reasonable price?
I was quoted about £450 buy SEAT, and £300 from an independent garage in York!

Thanks Peter

Hey not trying to but in but....not really knowing anything about this:redface: you mention the tensioner and pump so I was wondering what else as well as this you should get changed when you get the belt done so your safe and sound. I wouldnt have clue and want to make sure beacuse my cupra tdi's approaching 50k and will need it soon. Is there anyhting else you should get done at the same time e.g because best practice etc??

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Deleted member 13581

The pump is a water pump. People usually replace as its easy to get to when changing the cambelt.

Other than that, its normally just a service (oil change, new air filter, fuel filter if you want).