Carbon fibre bonnet for a mk4?

covey-ibiza-

anyone got anyideas if there is anyone that makes carbon firbe bonnets for mk4's cant find one anywere. i can get one for my mk3 but my mates after one for his mk4. cheers guys.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
A few of us are currently in talks with a company, who have said can produce them, at a cost of £395, as long as we get 10 people.

The more people buying, the cheaper it will be. They buy a brand new bonnet, and create the moulding from that.

Click the link in my sig if your interested.

robepton

Practical performance!!!!
Dec 27, 2008
peterborough
A few of us are currently in talks with a company, who have said can produce them, at a cost of £395, as long as we get 10 people.

The more people buying, the cheaper it will be. They buy a brand new bonnet, and create the moulding from that.

Click the link in my sig if your interested.

£395?

That's rather cheap. Who is it, who's making them? Has anyone seen any of there work?

I had a look at thread on IOC.

robepton

Practical performance!!!!
Dec 27, 2008
peterborough
Cheers for that....

I would seriously think about getting a carbon fibre bonnet and getting it sprayed just so i don't constantly get comments like that.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
I would seriously think about getting a carbon fibre bonnet and getting it sprayed just so i don't constantly get comments like that.

Glad you said that, cos bare carbon bonnets are one of those chavvy fads that is thankfully dead!

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
£395?

That's rather cheap. Who is it, who's making them? Has anyone seen any of there work?

I had a look at thread on IOC.

Cant remember the companys name but my mate has the contact details.

Saw a fair few bits they had done at GTi Springfest, and it seems pretty good to be fair.

Dabbalz

Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
You could always use a bit of black paint on your existing bonnets...;)

Once did this on an off road car (MK3 Fiesta), looked **** but didn't matter on that. We also painted the inside of the rear side windows black which didn't look bad from the outside. We then put a 1.6 engine in but had to convert it to carb's. Was an XR3i engine and the fuel injection manifold wouldn't fit.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.