Carbon fibre roof film

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
I have a issue on my roof where birds have pooped on it and it has damaged the laquer to such an extent that its beyond a economical repair. would it suit the car if i got a tinter to put very good qualulity carbon film over it?

willg

im getting my car done in black vinyl roof - spoiler and bonnet the reason im going for black is because apparently they dont do a wide enough carbon fiber roll to do the bonet which means u have to have a join down the centre they said it wouldnt be noticable until it shrinks slightly over the coming months thumbs up from me thou m8 i personally like it seems to be the big craze atm

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
you need to ring 3m and find there local distribuor, like i say it is £60 a metre though, then you need someone pretty good to install it

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
Found this

This is the official web page wich you get more info about the 3M di-noc films
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...E3E02LECIE20S7M3_nid=PDPHCZ2GR4beJ99QR0TDW9gl
and this is the colour about the carbon fiber style films (click on carbonio)
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/it_IT/GraphicSolutions/Home/ProdInfo/DINOCSelector/
I've used the CA-421,and all the films are flat finish surface.
This film is not cheap but i think the result and the 'easy fit' are superior than another films in the market.

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
i've seen a bonnet today with this film on, weave is not perfect lines but this was how it came on roll.
in certain lights you can see the fitting marks even from clean felt squeegees but this sort of thing probably only people in the know would look for this.
fitting time to a Fiesta bonnet, about 10 mins with no heat needed.
material price to do an Evo, £800 ish.
boss of said company's RS4 est. been totally wrapped in it

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise